Tuesday 16 January 2018

Birthday Blessings- The CAS Watercolour Challenge

Hello and Welcome
Here is another card for our birthday theme at the 


I think we can always use some extra birthday to have on hand in our stash.
I kept mine very clean and simple by inking the side of my card front using the Acetate Inking Technique I have shown here on my blog before.
I rubbed Distress Oxide inks onto my piece of acetate, sprayed with water then pressed on my paper until I was happy with the inking.
I placed the thistle into my Misti and stamped over the inked area using black ink.
To add some interest, I stamped the Queen Anne's Lace flowers in the background using the same colour that I had inked with.  By doing that, it creates sort of a shadow effect yet still keeping my card  looking very clean and simple.
I stamped the sentiment off to the right,  just touching the one side of the flower to help pull the whole design together.



I hope you get a chance to check out the challenge.
Thanks for looking.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Card Mania- MONOCHROMATIC
Creative Craft Cottage- JANUARY BLUES
HLS January Mixed Media- GARDEN
Love to Craft- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Nature Flowers (Art Journey); Birthday Blessings (Denamidesign)
Ink- Tuxedo Black Memento; Salty Ocean, Peacock Feather DOX (TH)
Paper- heavy white
Accessories and Tools- acetate sheet; Misti; Mister (TH)

24 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Another beautiful creation Karen, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

So elegant and artsy at the same time. Gorgeous shade of blue and loving the same colour of blue stamping on top x

Loll said...

Beautiful card Karen. Great tip for creating depth with your tone-on-tone stamping done with the background colours. The thistle is such a beautiful image. And another great tip on placing the sentiment to balance the design. xx

Dortesjs said...

super nice card this

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card Karen x

Cath Wilson said...

This is beautiful - so simple but beautifully designed. I have that Birthday Blessings stamp and use it often :-)

Blessings x

foleysfriend said...

So beautiful; Thanks for the inspiration. Going to give something similar a try.

Bonnie said...

CAS with a powerful impact, my friend! I love how you've stamped some flowers in the blue ink with the black thistle! Wonderful depth and drama!

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful effect with the black thistle against the distress oxide background. I love the blue and black together awesome card :)

nancy littrell said...

Two of my very favorite wild flowers, Karen..I know some call them weeds:-) I love your acetate watercoloured background, stamped thistle and background stamped Queen Anne's Lace. TFS my friend. Hugs..

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is so very beautiful Karen
Gr Karin

Cara said...

You are definitely the queen of stamp layering. Just gorgeous x

Susan said...

Fabulous - wonderful blue and black combination, and I love the way you did the Queen Anne's Lace in blue in the background, with the thistle as the dominant image. We both used thistles but mine are tiny little thistles compared to yours.

Craftychris said...

Beautiful background for the stunning thistle. Gorgeous card. xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another gorgeous water color creation using the blue colors and black.

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, great effect, I love your card, Karen.

Hugs
Anke

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE it, so VERY beautiful.
Faith
x

aussie aNNie said...

WOW FACTOR, all your creations are and now I am slowly getting mojo back maybe I can find time to enter and display my CASED cards from your fabulous inspiring work...hugs.xxx [aNNie]

Viv said...

This is so gorgeous Karen, you do so many fab backgrounds. Love these pretty teasel and sentiment stamps too ;) hugs Viv xx

Priya Satish said...

Beautiful work.. Thank you for joining us at the HLS challenge. - Priya Satish DT Member

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love how you made the background, Karen! The acetate inking the lace flower (shadow) stamping are so artsy and beautiful! It's the perfect subtle background for the simple black thistle! Hideko :-)

AlisonC said...

I love this image and your beautiful background.

Lieve said...

This card is a real beauty ! Thank you for the inspiration.
I'm gonna give that background technique a try. thanks !

Judy V said...

Pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage!