Saturday 1 August 2015

STAMPlorations August Challenge


  Do you remember this card? 
I created this card last August as I was the Guest Designer at STAMPlorations.

Well this month, they have asked to showcase my card again for this challenge:

http://stamplorations.blogspot.ca/2015/08/caseplorations-august.html

(click the above icon to go to the challenge)




Here is the new card I made for the August challenge casing my original card:


 I bought the STAMPlorations sentiment set called NOTEWORTHY a few months ago and have really made good use of it.   
I began by dripping some masking fluid along one side of my cardstock.  I did that in advance, so it had time to dry.  The masking fluid acts as a resist and is rubbed off after applying the paint medium. 
Then I sprinkled Brushos down the front of my card and sprayed with water to activate the paint.
 When that was dry, I die-cut the flowers from and glued them to my card front and stamped the sentiment using my MISTI.

All details for this month's challenge are HERE. 
I want to thank Shery and her great team for inviting me to come and play!
Please, please check out the amazing and gorgeous cards the DT has created.

 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  Hope you get a chance to play along.

Supplies:  stamp- STAMPlorations/ die- Memory Box/ Brusho/ Mini Mister/ Memento bl ink/ Masking Fluid  

19 comments:

OH Babs said...

Love both cards Karen. Thanks for sharing how you use masking fluid. I ordered my Misti yesterday - yeah! A craft garage sale among my stamping group was very lucrative and our newer members got some great deals.

BożenA said...

The first card has a very interesting composition, well-arranged text. The second card I love the effect brusho and its colors. Great cards.
hugs,
BozenA

Vicki Dutcher said...

It was FUN to CASE you this month. I still can't seem to get my Brushos to work like you do though ;(

conil said...

A-maze-ing....this is going to be such fun. Your card is so cool and clever.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Perfect sentiment for that card. Lovely!

Becca Cruger said...

Your original card is absolutely gorgeous and your second card definitely does it justice! I love the masking fluid idea - I'm going to have to try that!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Great to have you with us fro CASEplorations!!! Love your Brusho background!

Margik said...

Hi Karen! Both cards are absolutely wonderful. The backgrounds are amazing! Mar

Deepti said...

You know I am a big fan of your style :) love the fabulous new CASE of your own card. So have to have you at STAMPlorations!

Deepti said...

I meant happy :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Congrats on being Featured GD! Both of your cards are stunning! Love what you do with your brushos!

Shery Russ said...

Your cards are always stunning, Karen! And I'm so happy that Maria picked you as our GD for CASEplorations! Your cards are always so CASE-worthy!

Marie-Louise said...

Oh wow Karen these are fantastic.

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on the guest design, Karen! What a beautiful card!

Loll said...

Two fabulous cards Karen. Congrats on being a Guest Designer for STAMPlorations. I know you inspire many with your beautiful cards ... such a well deserved honour. xx

shirley-bee said...

I could CASE you every day! Love both versions mf :)

Suchi said...

Both of your cards are soooo beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration Karen! Love them both. <3
Suchi xx

2amscrapper said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Through Google+ I've seen many of your beautiful flower cards. You have a fabulous style.

izitjo said...

This die is on my list now!! I love it!