Friday 8 August 2014

STAMPlorations Guest Designer




 
 Good Morning.  Today, I am the Guest Designer at STAMPlorations.  The challenge for August is
STAMPS and DIE CUTS
 I started creating my card by working on the background.  I inked up the front of a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop with blue Distress inks.  I sprayed the stencil with water, then placed my paper over that.  It is like doing a reverse stencil technique. 
When my background was dry, I stamped the SUBWAY ART BUILDERS:Create down the side of my card using black Memento ink and added the die-cut leaf.
I hope you can play along with the challenge.  You could win a new stamp.
 
Also adding my card to these challenges:
 
Shopping Our Stash- SPLISH, SPLASH
 
Addicted to Stamps- MAKE YOUR MARK
 
The Mixed Media Challenge- SUMMER (blue waters of the beach for my card)
 
Sister Act- ANYTHING GOES
 
 
 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
 
Supplies:  stamps- STAMPlorations/ stencil- TCW/ Distress ink/ Memento black/ die- Impression Obsession
 

18 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Finally, I took the time to do one of your techniques! Love this... and I also am linking up with Stamplorations for the fun of it! Thank you for the continued inspiration.
http://beyondjustblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

Super card - the background is so good that this technique is now on my list of things to try. Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Just fabulous, your card, Karen - great to have you with us over at STAMPlorations as GDT!

Loll said...

Wow ... love that background!! Fabulous technique and a fabulous card, my friend. Congrats on being GD at STAMPlorations! Loll xx

Unknown said...

I'm a huge fan of distress inks background. Great job! Thanks for joining ATSM!

Deepti said...

Your card is such a beauty :) I am so happy to have you guest design for us :)

shirley-bee said...

Love, love, love that background, Karen! I like how you used a white die cut. So glad to have you as GD at STAMPlorations, too!

Leslie Hanna said...

GREAT inky background. I really like the white leave you've used over it, too. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, what a gorgeous card, and such a cool technique!!! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! <3

Donna said...

Beautiful card! I love the background and the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Splish Splash" challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen. Just love this one, perfect combination of stencil, die cut and stamp. Great to have you as our guest designer at STAMPlorations and thanks for joining us at ATSM too. Have a lovely day! Monika x

Kylie said...

That background is amazing! LOVE this card! Welcome to STAMPlorations! xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Love that background and the word art! Congrats on being GD at STAMPlorations

wienerhoneymooners said...

How did I miss this? AMAZING!!!!

sannalippert said...

I am starting to repeat myself with my comments, but I just really like all your cards! :) thanks for submitting this one at MMCC too :)

Elina Stromberg said...

Love the combo of black, white and blue. The textures you've created look amazing!
Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hope to see you with us again next month!

Shery Russ said...

Karen, I wanted to say..no one does blue better than you! This card is so gorgeous!

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely stunning.