Saturday 14 April 2018

Special Friend Birthday

Hello...meet today's card.
I am playing with some new stamps from Penny Black.  
My first time playing with this wonderful stamp called Blossom Branch and I love it.

To create my card, I placed the stamp inside my Misti and coloured using my Memento and my Tombow markers directly onto my stamp.  I sprayed with water then pressed onto my paper.  I repeated that process, adding more colour where I wanted it to look like shading.  My Misti is an invaluable tool for using this kind of technique on a card.
After that was dry, I stamped the sentiment from the PB set called Grateful Heart using black Memento ink and clear embossed it to help make it pop.  I stamped it a bit over the inked image to help pull the whole design together.
When I was done, I looked at my card front thinking that it needed something more, so using a fine line marker, I added little dashed lines around the flower centers and splattered with black ink.  So much better as the black seemed to be what it needed to help ground it all.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
As You Like It- FAV COLOURING MEDIUM
(I love using my Memento and Tombow markers especially to colour
directly onto my stamps.  Since they are waterbased, I can spray them with water 
to get the look of a watercoloured image which I love the look of)
Crafting With Attitude- ANYTHING GOES
Penny Black Saturday- FLOWERS/ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Blossom Branch, Grateful Heart (Penny Black)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Tombow and Memento markers
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Mister (TH); clear eb powder; heat tool;
fine line black marker; paintbrush

25 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Karen, this colouring technique looks fantastic, Cathy x

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Karen

gr karin

Cath Wilson said...

Really pretty - beautiful colours.

Cath x

Conny said...

Wow, I love this card - so wonderful!
Hugs,
Conny

BożenA said...

Wow! A wonderfully painted picture and such a beautiful card composition!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting With An Attitude.
BożenA DT CWAA

Mac Mable said...

Love your attention to detail with adding the black to the centres of those pretty flowers and the splattering. What a beautiful card and gorgeous stamp x

Pat said...

What fabulous flowers Karen and love double mat in a beautiful coordinating blue, and a lo e,y sentiment to finish it too. x

cm said...

I'm captivated by your painted blooms! Gorgeous! You've made your mark in a most impressive fashion; thrilled to see your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~carol

Barb said...

A very beautiful card Karen and a lovely sentiment. Barbxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY Beautiful, love how you get the black to give detail.
Faith
x

Bonnie said...

I recently bought this stamp and haven't had a chance to use it yet. I LOVE your blue flowers and the highlights you added to the centers! That really makes these flowers pop beautifully! Makes me want to go ink mine up!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful Karen, lovely floral image and gorgeous colouring, Kate x x

MaryH said...

Hi Karen, spotted this beautiful PB card on Facebook, and zipped over to say how much I love it. Wonderful deep colors with the tombows and someone is going to be so happy to receive this beauty on a birthday. TFS

LaVon Hall said...

You have convinced me that I need this stamp.... love your card!

Christine Alexander said...

such beautiful flowers and love the monochromatic colours

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card - love the way you finished it with the black, it really seems to have bought it to life.
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

I love blue flowers and I love your card ... beautiful!!

Susan said...

This might be my all time favourite card of yours, Karen. I love the flowers in those colours - my favourite shades of mauve and blue!

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE, love love it, the colorscheme is SO beautiful...

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Karen. Have to try this technique, it's looks great. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Loll said...

Gorgeous Karen. LOVE this image and you have coloured it to perfection. Love the addition of the black. xx

Bobby said...

Another one of those gorgeous marker-to-stamp cards, Karen. I'm so glad you shared it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I love your wonderful art work!
Hugs Anja

lynda said...

Another beauty, Karen! Your coloring is fabulous, as always. I can look at your cards over and over. Love your style. The blue really looks so pretty on this bouquet, and, of course, the verse sets it off beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Hugs,
lynda joy

Ger said...

Absolutely beautiful, like a watercolour painting! Love the colours. Thankyou for joining us this month at Penny Black Saturday Challenge. Ger x