Wednesday 1 November 2017

Starry Night

Good Morning.
Today, I am playing with a new die from Penny Black, some Yupo paper and alcohol inks.

So here's what I did.
I began by added some Ranger Alcohol inks onto my piece of Yupo paper.  Love how the inks move and react on the Yupo, such a unique paper.
When it was dry, I used some Ranger Blending Solution and a piece of drywall tape to stencil in the background.  I like the look it gave and the extra interest it added.
I used some Inka Gold diluted with water and flicked that onto the background with a paintbrush to look like little star.
This adorable little die from Penny Black is called Winter Village.  I die-cut it onto white and mounted it over the inky Yupo.  I stamped the sentiment from the new Love and Peace sentiment set then I framed the whole thing up and pop dotted it onto my card front.


Feeling happy to have another holiday card made.
Thanks so much for coming over to take a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:

The Male Room- SILHOUETTE 
A Snowflakes Promise- ANYTHING GOES
613 Avenue Create- ANYTHING GOES/MASCULINE


Supplies
Stamps- Love and Peace (PB)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento/ alcohol inks (Ranger)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Winter Village die (PB)/ drywall tape/ Blending Solution (Ranger)/ 
Inca Gold/ Cuttlebug/ stitched frame (Memory Box)

26 comments:

Aquarius said...

A really lovely card - great background (and explanation) also the die is perfect. Apologies for my lack of comments recently - been having broadband speed problems which made everything online seem like hard work

Bunny said...

This is beautiful. Love the colors on the Yupo. [Bunny]

aussie aNNie said...

Karin this is stunning, and if it wasn't my bed time here in Aussie, I'd play with the Yupo, which I love doing...hugs.xx

Annie said...

Super background, Karen! I love it. The colors and design look so amazing. The die cut is so cute and just perfect for your beautiful starry night background.

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous background and very beautiful card Karen

Gr Karin

Marilyn said...

This is so pretty. I like the background which is so striking behind the white die and it's a great card.

Susan said...

Oh dear, I think I might have to buy that PB village die now I've seen your card! It is beautiful - wonderful sky with perfect splatter of gold for the stars.

Darnell said...

What a serene and gorgeous Christmas village card, Karen!! Hugs, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

Love that background....fun idea with the dry wall tape and the white die cut looks so crisp against it x

dutchess said...

Fabulous background and how it makes the die cut pop...wow a stunning card xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE the framing of the dies and the Fabulous background.
Faith
x

Glennis F said...

Love this one, great scene, and wonderful colours

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I always enjoy that subtle mesh look that drywall tape gives on your project, such a neat touch. This is a very nice card.

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful!

Pat said...

This white silhouette die cut scene goes beautifully over the alcohol ink sky Karen, which looks great with the dry wall stencilling and the splatters of gold. x

Bobby said...

All those white layers and one gorgeous alcohol background. This is gorgeous, Karen.

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card Karen x

Loll said...

Beautiful card Karen. LOVE the AI background. Using blending solution to remove some colour with drywall tape is very creative. LOVE the look! And that die is adorable. I see more shopping in my future! :) xx

Dortesjs said...

fab and beautiful card this love the background much ;O))

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, so pretty, love the little flecks of gold. Thanks for the inspiration in pulling out my snow scene dies :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this card and your background is awesome. I made a similar card with a different village die but my background was completely different.

Barb said...

Another beautiful card. I love your background. For some reason I've had trouble leaving comments on your blog recently. Barbxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I have returned with my DT hat on to repeat how wonderful your card is, I love the framing and your beautiful coloured background. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at The Male Room. Faith DT

Cara said...

This shows off your gorgeous background beautifully x

Chris said...

Once again I love the background, and that really is a gorgeous die, so cute! Thank you for sharing your card with us at The Male Room.
Chris (DT) xx

nancy littrell said...

OMG Karen, Love your AI background with your stenciled dry wall tape and your colors. Gorgeous behind your sweet PB village. Wonderful sentiment too. All so beautiful and perfect my friend. TFS Hugs