Sunday 13 March 2016

Feeling Happy

Morning.

Playing with some new stamps from Penny Black today.  Isn't that sentiment just the best!  
I feel so very blessed to say that I have many people in my life that make me feel so happy!!

I love this new flower stamp called The Unfolding.  So many possibilities using this wonderful stamp.
So, I got out my MISTI because I knew I wanted to add layers of color onto the stamps and it is so easy to do that using this invaluable tool.  If you don't own a MISTI, you could also use a stamp positioner or just add all the colors at once and spray with water to get a blended look.
I inked the stamps by coloring onto them using Memento and Crayola markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I went back and used a darker color to stamp over the first pressing to help add more detail.
When that was dry, I sponged the edges using Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink then splattered some more of the diluted Distress Ink with a paint brush onto the bkg. leaving a white area for the sentiment.
The sentiment is from a Penny Black set called Sentiment Collection.
For the finishing touch, I added some black rhinstones to the flower centers.


Adding my card to these challenges:

CASology- LAUGH


Time Out- SPRING



Thanks so much for your continued support and all your most appreciated comments.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Distress and Memento ink/ sponge applicator/ rhinestones/ watercolor crayons/ MISTI/ Mini Mister/ paint brush

18 comments:

Ann Marie Governale said...

Fabulous card, love the watercolor effect!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous and so is the sentiment. I love how you made it with blue too!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is lovely, and yes, that's a great sentiment!!

sandie said...

Wonderful artsy finish, thanks for joining TO

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous watercolored flowers Karen. TFS your links and description. Hugs, Nancy

Hannelie said...

As always I just want to pause a while and admire your art Karen! beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at CASology !

Anita in France said...

Simply beautiful, Karen ... seems this should be hanging on a wall in a gallery, it's so lovely! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW fantastic card, Karen. I love your watercolored flowers.

shirley-bee said...

I'm waiting for my MISTI to arrive, yay! Love that PB flower stamp.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is beautiful Karen! It looks like a painting ... it should be hung on a wall! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Loll said...

You make THE most amazing one layers cards Karen. Another beauty! xx

Bobby said...

Your double inking with the Misti makes the greatest shaded flowers, Karen.

Nancy Thomas said...

The watercolor effect is just gorgeous. Beautiful card.

Susan said...

Absolutely beautiful - your use of markers for the stamping gave the flowers great depth. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

CherylQuilts said...

Gorgeous, Karen, and I love the stamp and the vibrant blue that is so YOU!! And I love the sentiment because knowing you does make me happy, gf! Hugs!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge

Helen x

Inkyfingers said...

This is a beautiful design Karen and I love the different shades of blue on the gorgeous flowers. The spattering is a great finishing touch. Isn't the Misti amazing?
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Shery Russ said...

You do blue so well, Karen! I just love the layers of colors on the flowers! So happy to see your card on the TO gallery. Thanks for playing! ~Shery