Friday 20 November 2015

Snowy Days

It's Coming.
Maybe tonight at my house.
  
I'm talking about the snow.  Christmas is coming so quickly too so I have been super busy trying to get some cards done.  Here is the one I did today using a stencil, sponging and splattering.
I am playing along with the challenges at Splitcoast this morning.  A great place to go and get motivation and inspiration for me.  

I began by stenciling using my favourite stencil from Simon Says.  I stenciled the main panel using Peacock Feathers Distress inks then stenciled on another piece of cardstock using Salty Ocean Distress ink.  I cute the second piece and rounded the corners and stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts.  It is a modified version of the Spotlighting technique.  
I then splattered with some more Distress inks that I watered down and also some acrylic white paint.  
And all done in blue, of course!

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- CHRISTMAS

Little Red Wagon- TECHNIQUE
(stencil, paint splattering)

4 Crafty Chicks- INSPIRED BY A CHRISTMAS SONG
(I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas)

Stamps and Stencil- REMEMBER, REMEMBER
(I remember all the wonderful Christmases when my children were little)


Thanks so much for looking.

Supplies:  stamp- Hero Arts/ stencil- SSS/ Distress ink/ Memento bl ink/ applicator tool/ paint brush/ acrylic paint/ pop dots/ corner rounder

9 comments:

Kathyk said...

And it looks fab too

Kathyk

Verna Angerhofer said...

Perfect design for winter sending!

Loll said...

Beauty!! I definitely love the snowflakes on your card ... not so much for the ones on the roads. Stay warm, my friend. xx

Meggymay said...

A super card, thank you for telling us your memories and for joining us at Stamps and Stencils
Yvonne

M said...

Love your card! Fabulous snowflakes :). Thanks for playing along this week at Little Red Wagon!! :)

samantha's cards said...

LOVE!!!! this is so stunning.

jenn shurkus said...

this is so bright and fun!! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Tamie said...

I love this song and the way you made this card with that layer is super cool. Thank you for sharing your precious creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Inspired By A Christmas Song.

Tamie DT

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeous snowflakes and wonderful colour. Sorry my comment is rather late and thanks for joining us at Stamps & Stencils. Julia xx.