Saturday 20 September 2014

WHEE!


Happy Saturday!  I am working on getting some Christmas cards done, so when I saw the challenge at Splitcoast this morning I was ready to stamp. Today, we are being inspired by the most talented Kittie Caracciolo and her wonderful blog.  Here is her card that I was inspired by called Let it Snow.  Of course, I had to 'CAS' it. 

I began by masking off a frame on my card front and sponged Distress ink over that.  When dry, I splashed some water onto the ink.  Since it is water based, it leaves an impression that reminded me of snow.  Using a fine tip black marker, I drew in the frame to add to the focus of the image. 
A few weeks ago, I won some cute Digital images from Bugaboo so I printed this cutie off, coloured it with Copics and cut it out so I could pop dot it onto my card front.  The sentiment from Paper Smooches was stamped with black Memento ink.

Also adding my card to these challenges:

Southern Girls- WINTER BLUES

ABC Christmas Challenge-  SOMETHING FESTIVE

Addicted to CAS- CUDDLY (scarf and this image is so cute and cuddly)


 Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamps- Paper Smooches, digi from Bugaboo/ Distress ink-Broken China/ Memento bl./ pop dots/ Copic markers/ fine tip black line pen

21 comments:

Susie said...

Super cute. Great job on the challenge.

Vicki Dutcher said...

How adorable is this image! Great coloring too~~ Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

Unknown said...

Great card, love how you've used the distress ink. Karen x

Loll said...

Adorable Karen!! Love this sweet image ... colored perfectly. And love your masked, sponged and doodled background. Loll xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

You made a lot of great cards lately Karen (as olways!!) Your christmas cards looks very lnice, and this one is so sweet!!! I love it!!

Greetings
Maria

Krisha said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Just an adorable card!

SD pooja said...

So cute !!

Loli said...

Hola Karen!
gorgeous card, i like the BIG smile of your boy, i like the bright colours too. Beautiful card.
Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

Deepti said...

So cute and superb coloring!!

Harriet Skelly said...

Karen this is adorable! Glad you played with us at ATCAS!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my goodness cute cute cute Karen.

OH Babs said...

Very cute and I love how you masked off the square and then fussy cut the image.

Gabby said...

Sweet case card, Karen! Like your frame, cute image and of course, the terrific coloring. :)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A super-cute cuddly image Karen - fabulous colouring and fussy-cutting!
Thanks for joining us at ATCAS - Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done Karen, your colouring is amazing and love the frame you drew really makes the image pop. Thanks so much for joining us once more at ATCAS always a pleasure to have you join us.

Marie

Karen M said...

Love your cute card xx

Zw@@n said...

A very fun and cute card, Karen. Great lay out too. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Auzz Trinklets N Krafts said...

so cute .. thanks for playing along with Southern Girls Challenge

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a cute and fun CAS card. Love it! Thanks for joining in our 'Winter Blues' challenge at Southern Girls. We look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creativity in future challenges. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

* Shell B.* said...

Super cute card, great image & design!
Glad you joined us for the challenge at Southern Girls hope to see you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ SGC~DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Squeee! What a fun card! I love it.