Tuesday 28 January 2014

Stencil Stamping


Morning.  Don't you just love these happy colours?  Firstly, I want to say that my card was inspired by Jen Rzasa and a wonderful card she made.  I am playing along with the colour challenge at Splitcoast today.  
I started my card by laying a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop on my card front.  I wanted a large circle but only own a smaller one, so I cut a circle from fun foam and mounted it onto a little block of wood to use.  The smallest circle on my card is made using an eraser on the end of a pencil...works great.  I stamped multiple times over my card then went back in with more Distress ink and sponged over the white areas.  The sentiment is a really old set I got from EK Success.  
Thanks so much for coming by to take a look.  

Also adding my card to the challenge at Little Red Wagon.

Supplies:  stamps; EK Success, circle?/ Distress ink/ Black Memento, twine

7 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Love your inking layers on this card the color on color is quite striking.

Virginia L. said...

Truly beautiful! You Jen-inspired card is awesome!

Joni Andaya said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love the Jen stenciled effect, so Pretty :)

Lisa Lara said...

This is absolute perfection Karen girl. Hi. Big hugs.

Susanne Vargas said...

Yes, those colors are cheerful - just what we need in the wintry climate! I also love this technique and that you made some of the circles yourself - very creative!

Davi said...

Beautiful Karen! Made a very cool look with the stencil and your very creative circle stamp :)

Joanne said...

Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo