Monday 26 August 2013

Butterflies


I made this card the other day with the butterfly mask  I hand cut for my green card. In case you mised it, I don't own a butterfly die, so I cut my own mask from a piece of scrap paper so I could sponge over it with ink to get the butterfly shape.   I laid the butterfly on and sponged over a bkg. mask from The Crafter's Workshop in blue that was on top of that.  Leaving the butterfly mask in place, I stamped the flowers in black Memento and added the sentiment all from Penny Black.
Thanks for looking and have a great week.

Supplies:  stamp; Penny Black/ Bl. Memento ink/ Distress ink (salty ocean)/ twine/ Crafter's Workshop mask


Free Flight


7 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful, Karen - a wonderful combination of elements!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! Fabulous inking and stamping and great how you used the mask.

Petti said...

Love the masking. What a great card!

Gabby said...

I like the look of the flower silhouettes over the masked, stamped butterfly. Nice effect. :)

Cathy said...

Fantastic card Karen, love the stamping over your masked butterfly, so effective :) Cathy x

Hannelie said...

Wow! I ♥ it... will have to try it!

Darnell said...

Beautiful card, Karen! I love that you made a wonderful mask the way you used to make them before dies! Well done!!