Saturday 16 March 2013

A Special Moment

'Enjoy the moment'.....that speaks to me.  I think we get so busy in our everyday life that we forget about what is happening right now.  One of my favourite techniques to play with is sponging.  I made a card similar to this so decided to use that design for this card.  I am playing in two challenges today; one is the Inspiration challenge at Splitcoast and the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World
I masked the side of my card then started with the lightest colour of Distress inks that I have near the bottom of my card and gradually started adding more blues until I finished at the top with the darkest blue I had overlapping them and blending together.  I did add a bit of green at the bottom as well.  The trees are from Northwoods stamps; they have such a majestic feel to them.  The sentiment is from Daisy Bucket.  I finished it off by sprinkling water onto the blue and then adding the scoring lines and the twine. 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look and hope you have a great weekend..
 

13 comments:

Bridget said...

Enjoy the moment....do we ever need that message today, or at least I do! What a beautiful card, such fabulous technique, Karen!

Brandi said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love how you masked tha panel on the side and how the colors vary as you go up the card. So neat!

Sara Mac said...

Stunning card Karen! You've inked up the scene perfectly.

Kristen said...

Love this card!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card Karen! Love it!

Virginia L. said...

This is truly beautiful, Karen!! Love the sponging and masking! GREAT job!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is such a FABULOUS design! LOVE your card!

Joyce said...

Your card is just beautiful. Your sponging looks terrific.

Heather T said...

This is such a pretty card, Karen and one of my favourite layouts.

Dianne said...

Beautiful card you have created Karen,the sponging made it look almost magical, thanks for sharing this beauty, hope your having a good weekend..

maria f. said...

Oh I love that tree stamp. Great sponging as always! Love the sentiment too.

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous work Karen!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)