Tuesday 5 June 2012

Dudes Rule

In an effort to create some extra masculine cards to have on hand I took on the challenge at Penny Black today which was to create a one layer card.  Sometimes I struggle with creating them and so this stamp called Breezy was the perfect fit for making a masked, one layer card.  I used my Scor Pal and Scor Buddy to add the scoring lines.  I am also linking this one to the challenge at Simplicity which was to create a 'Dudes Rule' card.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  sweet wishes-Product #30-104, breezy-Product #40-111/ Scor Pal, Scor Buddy/ twine/ Distress Inks

9 comments:

Judy said...

This is a really smart card and a great idea for using any of my stamps, so I'm dying to have a go myself now. Thanks so much for the inspiration! I'm off to look at the rest of your blog now and see what other beautiful cards you have created.
All the best, Judyx

JanR said...

This is fabulous! I adore the layout.

Deanna said...

stunning design love emboss detail, really gives it a nice dimension.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great design Karen! So many possibilities with all kinds of sentiments!

Lindsey said...

Wow, so much dimension for a one layer card! Great masking and sponging, too.

Joanne (jojot) said...

love it...masculine with a seasonal flair

Cheryl said...

Karen, Love your design and wonderful sponging. Such a great "Dude" card with the tropical feel! Thanks for playing OLW with us last week.

Madeylim said...

very refreshing!

Susan Raihala said...

Karen, I just love your fresh use of greens and the wonderful design of this card!!!