Tuesday 28 June 2016

Marbled in Purple

 Morning.

As most of you know, I love playing with inks and new techniques so I am so happy to be a part of the
TLC (Technique Lovers Challenge) team at Splitcoast.
It's my turn to host and the challenge this week is Paper Marbling.
 It is very easy and fun to do.

 I began by filling a container of water and dropping Ranger Alcohol ink over the water surface.
Dragged my paper through the inky water and vola! marbled paper.  I used heavy white cardstock for my card but you could also use watercolor paper.
When the paper was dry, I placed it inside my MISTI and stamped the flowers by Tim Holtz.  Stamped the sentiment from STAMPlorations, die-cut it using a die from MFT and added some black acrylic paint splatters to add some depth to the background.


You can see another example of the marbling I did on yesterday's card.  For that one I used Copic Re-inkers as they are also alcohol based.

 
 Adding my card to these challenges:

Love to Create- ANYTHING CREATIVE/ MIXED MEDIA

My Time to Craft- SUMMERTIME

Alphabet Challenge- 'I' FOR INK IT UP

Crafting With Friends- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Tim Holtz, STAMPlorations/ Memento bl/ Ranger Alcohol ink/ bl acrylic paint/ die-MFT/ MISTI/ Cuttlebug

10 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is gorgeous!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and lovely colors on it.

nancy littrell said...

Love the colors and depth of your Gorgeous marbled card, Karen. Hope I get to play. Awesome technique. Hugs, Nancy

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is beautiful Karen that marbling is awesome a brilliant creation
hugs
lorraine x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge I for Ink It Up. Hugs Jackie (DT)

Bobby said...

I love the background, Karen, and am wishing I had gotten those wildflower stamps. You've done wonderful things with them.

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Karen. Beautiful colour.

Loll said...

LOVE this technique and it has created the most beautiful background for your silhouette images. xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

It's so purple! That makes me happy. I remember this marbling technique. How fun to see it again. I always did more than one color, but this is fabulous with just the one.

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x