Sunday 26 June 2016

Classic Navy


 Meet today's card.
A super simple monochromatic card using a classic color combo, navy and white.
Those colors just remind me of summer; maybe nautical?

I always like a nice crisp, white border on my cards so I began by masking off the edge with Painter's Tape.  I stamped the flower from Local King onto a piece of scrap paper and cut it out to use as a mask and set that aside.
I then placed my flower stamp inside my MISTI so it was positioned right in the bottom corner, inked it up with Faded Jeans Distress ink and stamped.  This stamp is so detailed that I repeated that process again to get a dark, rich stamping.
Next, I placed the paper mask over the first flower I had stamped and stamped the flower image again on either side repeating the above process.  By doing that, I made the corner flower really become the focal point as the other flowers appear to be behind the first image.
 I stamped this sentiment, one of my favs from Rubbernecker, on the top corner and then sponged on some more Faded Jeans ink over the piece.
The final finishing touch was to pierce a border around the edge which really brought the whole layout together so well and added great interest.


Adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps- ANYTHING SUMMER

 CAS on Sunday- BLACK, WHITE, ONE OTHER COLOR

Come and Get It- PAPER PIERCING



Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks so much for coming by.

Supplies:  stamps- Local King, Rubbernecker/ ink- Memento, DI/ piercing tool/ applicator tool/ painter's tape



10 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY elegant, love the navy, beautiful stamping and colouirng.
Faith
x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, wow! Karen, this is absolutely gorgeous and so rich! I love this giant peony and how you've masked it and sponged the inside (and added my much-loved piercing!). Beautifully done and a really sensational card. Hugs, sweet friend!

Marie-Louise said...

Totally gorgeous Karen.

Lorraine said...

Oh so lovely in blue and white!

Mandy LaCroix said...

This is just beautiful! Wow! :)
Thanks for sharing it over at ATSC!

Gabi MeWi said...

Love the card so much.

Gabi MeWi said...

Love the card so much.

N-Eva said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love your colouring. Great job! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Paper Piercing” challenge over at Come and Get it & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Come and Get It)

(DT Crafty Friends)

cm said...

Beautiful monochromatic flowers and your white border adds such impact! Your masking: marvelous! So glad you shared your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol