Monday 11 April 2016

Simple Pleasures


Morning.
I love it when what you picture in your head comes to life just the way you pictured it!
That's what happened with this background I created using an old wheel stamp from Stampin Up.  I think it is called Grunge but I'm not sure.
So, here's what I did.  I randomly inked up the wheel using Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Faded Jeans Distress inks, sprayed with water and rolled onto my paper.  By adding the water, I was able to get a wonderful blend of colours on my background .
To created the flower panel, I coloured my stamp from Hero Arts with Memento and Crayola markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I added a blue watercolour wash on the background and some splatters as well to add some depth and interest. 
When the panel was dry, I used a stitched die from MFT to cut it out and mounted it onto my card front using pop dots.

Adding my card to these challenges:

CASology- SPROUT

Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES

Creative Corner- FLOWER POWER


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Hero Arts, SU wheel/ markers-Memento, Crayola/ Distress ink/ Mini Mister/ Die MFT/ paint brush

13 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, what a fabulous idea to use the Wheel stamp! I love it and love the results! Wow, and you sure do make blue gorgeous! Beautifully done and with a fresh look! Hugs, sweet friend! (Where does the times fly?) xoxo

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful blue design and I love the stitched panel of the focal image too!

nancy littrell said...

What a creative technique using your wheel stamp. You are inspiring me to get neglected wheels out. I love your watercolored main image too. TFS my friend.

Unknown said...

I simply cannot get enough of your art! Lovely as always. Thanks for sharing.

TerriLynn said...

Gorgeous card! I love the blues you used. I have that wheel and it's called Rough Texture. It's about to get a work out. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Diane Jaquay said...

The background and focal panel are both gorgeous! I know what you mean about things working out exactly as you imagined them, I love when that happens (and hate when it doesn't lol!)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Pretty card! I really like that background and how it came to be. Anyone lacking a wheel stamp could get similar results with a large background stamp. Very nice!

Gabi MeWi said...

I love it.

Cathy said...

Another fabulous card Karen, Cathy x

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, Karen

Patti said...

Eye Candy!! I love the colors you used for your card!! I can't wait to try this technique!

Patti

Loll said...

Gorgeous!! I LOVE your background ... that is so pretty! And a great way to use one of the wheel stamps that has probably not been used for a while. I forget I have any of those. :) The colours you've used are so beautiful Karen. And I LOVE your watercoloured image with the splatters. Beautiful image! xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Karen the image is so lovely the background is perfect I love, love, love it
hugs
lorraine x