Friday 22 April 2016

Nature's Gifts


Earth Day gives us a chance to remind ourselves to care for the Earth and look after it for future generations.
The challenge at Splitcoast today is called Mother Earth....create a card that represents something in nature.  What better way to highlight the beauty of nature then to stamp some poppies.  They have such a presence and give us such beauty in nature.

I began by masking the edges of my card with painter's tape.  I then stamped the flowers from Rubbernecker onto my card front with black Memento ink.  This is a 2-step stamp set, but I just used the flower outline then using diluted Brushos, did a loose watercolouring on the flowers.  
When that was dry, I sponged on some Spun Sugar Distress ink in the corner then splattered the background.  


Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- MAKE IT GIRLIE

Double D Challenge- APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS

Crafting From the Heart- ANYTHING GOES

Craft Your Passion- ANYTHING GOES

Love to Scrap- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Rubbernecker/ Brushos/ Memento and Distress ink/ applicator tool/ paint brush/ painter's tape

18 comments:

Darlene said...

Just beautiful Karen! My poppies are working their way towards blooming and I just seeing them year after year! Your water coloring was the perfect medium for these delicate petals! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

CherylQuilts said...

What a gorgeous shades of red you've used today, my friend! I love it and love the beautiful flowers and your wonderful matting! Stunning, as always! Wishing you a beautiful weekend! Love and hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

I love these Rubbernecker poppies! Karen, your card is just beautiful with the soft shading and splatters. I'm so glad to see it in our April Showers Challenge at Double D!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this. I think your coloring of the poppies is awesome. I tend to be too careful and I think I need to find a looser style to create better looking designs with the technique. I will have to study your style a lot more.

Gabi MeWi said...

Wonderful.Brusho is a gorgeous medium.

Creative Crafting by Barbara Jean said...

You continue to amaze me with your stunning creations. Love the red poppies!

Becca Cruger said...

Karen, this is breathtakingly stunning! Totally Pinned it after I got done drooling.

Craftychris said...

Beautiful! Awesome watercolouring xxx

nancy littrell said...

Wow..have not tried stamping and watercoloring a 2 step stamp set using your Brushos Technique. You have inspired me again my friend with your work of art! TFS Karen

Dortesjs said...

great card

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is so beautiful Karen I love Poppies and these are so life like, wonderful creation
hugs
lorraine x

Contagiously Crafty said...

I just love Rubbernecker stamps! You've made a very lovely card here. So glad to have found you through Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge.

Loll said...

Beautiful Karen. And a lovely way to celebrate Earth Day.

I LOVE the vibrant colours of painting with brushos. Just exactly what poppies look like. xx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Stunning CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

CraftYourPassion said...

Beautiful card.Lovely technique and the result is glorious.Sweet sentiment too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

jenn shurkus said...

such a pretty card! gorgeous reds!!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Vicki said...

Wow, Karen! Beautiful card and sentiment! The red poppies are a favorite of mine. Thanks for joining the Double D April Challenge!

Barb said...

A beautiful rich colour to your poppies Karen. What a lovely stamp set this looks. Barbxx