Sunday 10 April 2016

Nature's Calling


Morning.
Hope you are having a great weekend. 

Meet today's card.  I finally had some time to play and that makes me happy.  Give me some Distress inks, a paint brush and water and I am a smiling girl.

I began making the background piece by inking the paper with Salty Ocean Distress inks, stenciled  with water over that and then while still wet, rubbed Peacock Feathers over the whole piece.
I did a picture tutorial about it back in January.  To see the tutorial here is the link:

For the main panel, I got out a really old stamp that I have had for ages.  I think it may be one from Inkadinkadoo but I'm not sure.  I coloured directly onto the stamp with my Memento and Crayola markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I went back in with a paint brush and some more ink to fill in some of the open areas.  I also did a watercolour wash on the background.
When that was all dry, I stamped the sentiment from STAMPlorations with black Memento ink.
I mounted that piece onto plain white cardstock and pop-dotted the panel over the bkg.

Adding my card to these challenges:

CASology- SPROUT

Simon Says- HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Craft Stamper- SPRING FLOWERS

STAMPlorations- STENCIL SUNDAY


Thanks again so much for all you most kind and generous comments.  
So glad you could come by and take a look.

Supplies:  stamps- STAMPlorations, Inkadinkadoo?/ stencil- TCW/ inks- Memento, Distress/ Memento and Crayola markers/ paintbrush



15 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, this is such a happy shade of blue, Karen! Swoooon!

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning! I love the blues you've combined, Jo x

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! I am loving all the blue (as always)! GREAT textures and techniques! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Happy Birthday” Challenge!

Dortesjs said...

this card is very beautiful

Brawny x said...

This is fabulous. Love the colour x

Ina G said...

Stunning result Karen. Love the bright colours.

shirley-bee said...

We're all smiling right along with you when you're using Distress Inks, a paintbrush and water, Karen! Great background for that pretty floral image. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It!

Craftychris said...

Fab background for that gorgeous flower. Love the sentiment too! xxx

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the CASology challenge this week!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Karen, love the colours you used. It all comes together perfectly. Sorry I'm not commenting on facebook. Facebook and my ipad are clashing and I cant comment except if I comment on someone elses comment and have to do it first go or nothing shows up in comments second time I open comments. Totally weird.

Unknown said...

That watercolour effect is very striking, Karen. Love those cool blue hues. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Lovely! You have the best greeting stamps to compliment your style of watery stamping.

Teresa Kline said...

wow, so very pretty! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Tanja said...

love your watercolor stamping - thanks for sharing your creation at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge - I hope to see you again in our gallery

Linda said...

WOW!! This is simply stunning .... love the colours. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx