Sunday 24 April 2016

Live in the Moment

I'm calling today's card 'Live in the Moment'.
 I think sometimes I get so busy, I just need to pause for a minute and enjoy the moment.

 I just love this sentiment from Serendipity and wanted to make it the main feature of my card today.  I love sentiments stamps and the script on this one is so pretty.
I began by coloring onto my long acrylic block with Memento Markers, sprayed with water and pressed onto my paper.  I repeated that process a few times....such a great technique to make a quick and easy card.
Next, I inked up the tape measure stamp that you can see faintly in the background, stamped off, then onto my paper to give some more depth to the colored strip.
Lastly, I inked up the sentiment with black Memento ink and stamped it into the bottom right hand corner of my card.   

I am adding my card to these challenges:


A Beautiful Mess- ANYTHING GOES

Crafting With Friends- ANYTHING GOES

Just Add Ink- JUST ADD 'M'
(moment, markers)



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Serendipity, Hero Arts/ acrylic block/ Memento bl ink/ Memento markers/ Mini Mister

17 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful and colorful background to showcase that wonderful sentiment.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Impressive design Karen!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Davi said...

Beautiful,,,I love the sentiment!!

Jan said...

This is gorgeous Karen! The effect of the markers and your acrylic block is fantastic and I love your beautiful sentiment too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Great sentiment shown off beautifully.
Faith
x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CWF.

hugs
Claudia
DT Crafting With Friends
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

nancy littrell said...

Love your acrylic block watercolored background for your Wonderful sentiment Karen. We have been friends a long time on SCS and from the beginning you have had the most wonderful sentiments. Now your watercolored backgrounds are so artistic :-) TFS and inspiring all of us my friend with your new beauty. Hugs, Nancy

Brawny x said...

Fab design x

Loll said...

Your acrylic block background is so pretty. The faint tape stamp adds some fun. Fantastic sentiment. xx

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a lovely background it works beautifully with your sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

Lovely CAS card - I really like the effect you have with the tape measure - it's so subtle but effective. Chantell JAI

Tina said...

What a fantastic effect you got with the markers and clear block! I love the subtle measuring tape (another M!) over the top. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Bonnie said...

A beautiful way to give some good advice! I think we all need to take that advice. I know I do!

Bhavana said...

Loved your take on the word RAIN. Beautiful card. Loved the sentiment. thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Crafting in a beautiful mess challenge 1, Hazel, DT x

Barb said...

Hi Karen, another beauty. I love your colours and that certainly is a super sentiment stamp. I really like how you've used the tape measure stamp too. Barbxx

Deepti said...

That grungy blues for rain are simply fabulous :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS