Tuesday 19 April 2016

Happy Wishes


The sun is shining.  Blue skies overhead.
I think everyone feels better when Spring arrives and nature comes alive.

So meet my card for today.  When I saw the new die from Penny Black, I knew it would make a great stencil so out came my Cuttlebug and my Distress inks.
The die is called Half Circle and it is a great size to use as a stencil for a background or for the focal point of a card like I have used it here.
So, I cut a stencil using heavy cardstock then sponged on different shades of Distress inks over that being sure to blend the blues together.  When I removed the stencil, I was left with a wonderful looking image.  
I die cut the piece with a stitched rectangle die, then stamped the sentiment from the Sentiment Collection with black Memento ink in the bottom corner and heat embossed it.  I have really got a lot of use from that sentiment set.

half circle picture
sentiment collection picture



Adding my card to these challenges:

Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES

Crafty Boots- USE A SENTIMENT

Love to Scrap- ANYTHING GOES

Stamps and Fun =Creativity- BIRTHDAY

CAS Mix Up- STENCIL, STAMP, HEAT EMBOSSING


Hope you have a great week.  Thanks so much for visiting.

Supplies:  stamps and die- Penny Black/ inks- Memento, Distress/ applicator tool


17 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You certainly know how to use those inks, love this card and the colour of the blue.

Unknown said...

Such a striking card, love the shades of blue. Karen x

Mrs Beez said...

Love your creativity - the inking/stencilling looks amazing and is perfect to showcase the words. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, someone got this new die! It's gorgeous, Karen, and you make it shine! Hugs!

Diane Jaquay said...

Very cool card, Karen, love that stencil and the shades of blue!!

nancy littrell said...

I love how you used your new intricate die as a stencil. Your sponging really shows off your die and made a beautiful main image. Love your framing too. TFS my friend.

Loll said...

Gorgeous!! Beautiful die ... and it makes an amazing stencil! LOVE the shades of blue, Karen. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

OH Babs said...

Beautiful card Karen. Great stencil and I like the double die cuts.

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning! Jo x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Lovely card, the 'paint' effect looks amazing Karen. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That die does make a lovely stencil. Gorgeous card and I'm loving those shades of blue.

Dortesjs said...

super beautiful card love the stencil marks

Lillian A said...

So pretty and what a versatile use for a die. Lovely colors. Thanks for sharing and entering into our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.

Bonnie said...

What beautiful shades of blue, Karen! Love the pattern that the die made! Great idea to cut a stencil with it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is yet another beautiful creation Karen I love the pattern and the shades of blue a smashing make
hugs
Lorraine x

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful use of the die, Karen!

Barb said...

A lovely card and beautiful colours. What a super die. Barbxx