Thursday 17 March 2016

Step Away from the Blue

Good Morning.

Has Spring arrived where you live?  I can see a few signs of Spring emerging in my garden, so exciting.
As most of you already know, I love creating with blue.  This week, I am making a real effort to 'Step Away from the Blue'....don't know how long it will last but here you go.

I am playing with this wonderful new stamp from Penny Black called The Unfolding.  Isn't that a wonderful name representing all that is to come with the arrival of Spring! 
I began making my card by masking a panel using Painter's tape.  I placed my stamp inside my MISTI, then coloured it using Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I repeated that process until I was happy with the flower and it had the watercoloured look to it that I wanted.
When the panel was dry, I sponged Spun Sugar Distress Ink around the edges, then scored a border using my ScorPal to better define the that area.  Lastly, I stamped this great sentiment from the set called Special Thoughts.  It is filled with great sentiments for a variety of occasions.


Adding my card to these challenges:

The Card Concept- NATURALLY PINK (clean and simple)

Use Your Stuff- FLOWERS AND MORE FLOWERS

Time Out- CASE 
(I used the feel of Spring her card gave me)

CAS Mix Up- STAMPING, WATERCOLOURING, SPONGING


Hope you have a great day and thanks so much for coming by to take a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Memento bl/ Memento markers/ ScorPal/ Distress ink/ MISTI/ applicator tool/ Mini Mister 

29 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful watercolor stamping Karen - the scored border really defines the space! Well done not using your go-to blue!

Crooked Stamper said...

Very striking!! Once I get my Misti I'm going to try this.

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful! Great job!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the USE YOUR STUFF Challenge Blog! We hope to see you again next week!

Darlene
USE YOUR STUFF
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Dortesjs said...

love your cards red is great to ;O))

Vicki Finger said...

That is a gorgeous stamp set. Going to add it to my wish list!

Gabi MeWi said...

Ohhh - so wonderful.

Bonnie said...

I love your blue cards, Karen, but this one is a stunner with the red! I love how the soft sponging makes it even more vivid and the scoring gives a finishing touch! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This looks awesome with the red colors. Not that there is nothing wrong about blue but this was a refreshing change. Just gorgeous work my friend!

nancy littrell said...

Your shades of pink turned out beautifully Karen. I love your CAS design too. TFS my friend.

laurie said...

This is gorgeous! I love the panel of beautiful flowers..so soft and pretty. Thanks for sharing at The Card Concept!

sandie said...

Stunning arty feel to your card Karen. Great to see you at TO and TCC

Unknown said...

Funny, I was just thinking, wow! She likes blue as I glanced at your last few posts....lol! Very pretty!

Loll said...

This is gorgeous Karen! That stamp would look amazing in any colour with your artistic talents. Great design --- love that side panel with the scoring. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix UP!

Gerrina said...

The panal you made is so beautiful! Love what you did with this stamp! I'm ready for spring if I see this card!

Judith said...

this is just gorgeous - I love how you created that panel - looks like a little painting hugs Judith x

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Love the title of the blog post... But, Karen, I enjoyed your blue masterpieces! Your watercoloring is gorgeous! Truly beautiful card! Hugs, de

missgailly said...

Fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so positively breathtaking. Love it! Glad you could join us at The Card Concept!

Heather T said...

I love all your blue designs but you are obviously talented whatever the colour scheme; this is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Fantastic Watercolour! Such a beautiful card. I really need to practice with water colouring.
Thank you for the inspiration.

Thank you for joining us at Use Your Stuff! Hope to see you again next time

Tammy Cochrane
Use Your Stuff DT
TLC PaperPassions

Princess Judy Palmer said...

You are rocking the non-blue. This is fabulous and definitely shows signs of spring and the earth coming to life.

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous Karen. I love this card. Just love it. The colors make me happy.

Lilian said...

This is gorgeous!!!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Anita in France said...

So delicate and pretty, Karen ... your watercolour stamping is just beautiful ... love the subtlle effect of the scored frame! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous card x

shirley-bee said...

Haha, love the title of your post! Love that stamp too - need it! I like the framed panel.

Bobby said...

Yay, red. My favorite color. But I do like all your blue flowers too, Karen.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful...love the flowers! Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept Challenge!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This turned out so fantastic! Love the flowers!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.