Sunday 7 February 2016

Valentine Wishes

Valentine's Day is quickly approaching.  
I wanted to make a masculine card for my husband and this is what I came up with.
A new stencil and my Brushos created this.

So, I got a new stencil made by Stencil Girl and wanted to play with it.  It is a small one so can be used as a background or a focal point as I did here.  I laid the stencil over my white cardstock, sprinkled some Brushos over the top and sprayed with water.  I quickly removed the stencil and let the piece dry.
I then cut it into a panel, punched out a coordinating heart and stamped the sentiment from Studio G.


Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- HAVE A HEART

CAS on Sunday- VALENTINE

Addicted to CAS- CAS

Just Us Girls- VALENTINE

My Time to Craft- LOVE IS ALL AROUND

Brown Sugar- VALENTINE/LOVE



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamp- Studio G/ heart punch/ Brushos/ stencil- Stencil Girl/ Mini Mister

18 comments:

Joyce Heinen said...

Love the color burst, great use of colors too!

Karen said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge, Karen DT

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Another stunning card Karen, it's so inspiring.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Ina G said...

Fabulous effect you got with the stencil and brusho's. Love the colour combination and layout Karen. So glad you shared it with us at Just Us Girls this week. Hope we see more of your beautiful work again.

Donna Ellis said...

Incredibly beautiful and loving! Karen, such a brilliant design. I love everything about it! Hugs,de

Suchi said...

Stunning card Karen! LOVEEEE the colors, design and composition! :)
Suchi xx

Nancy said...

Love the multiple layers and cool design. So glad you linked up with us over at Just Us Girls this week, and please come back again!

Julie B said...

Love the unusual colours of your Valentine Karen. The Brusho works marvelously over the stencil.
Thanks for joining us at ATSM. :)

Loll said...

LOVE! Beautiful love card in non-traditional colours. xx

Gabby said...

Nice Valentine's card! I also like the non-traditional colors. Your "rays" with Brushos turned out terrific. I have not had luck adjusting the amt of water so that the color doesn't seep under the stencil. Or maybe I'm leaving the stencil on there too long. Next time I'll try to take it off right away and see if that will do the trick. THANKS for the tip. :)

Neets B said...

Beautiful, love those brusho colours together and great alternative palette for a Valentine's card.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Vicki Dutcher said...

You have definitely found your niche with this style of card! Stunning use of inks! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

jenn shurkus said...

fun and funky valentine!!! thank you for playing a long with us at the SImon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

Maria said...

Love the non-traditional colors for this Valentine's Card! Nice job! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Pat said...

Beautiful CAS card, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

Pat xx

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

Awesome card! You inspired me to buy Brushos and I love them!!!! I love this technique with the stencil - must try that! thanks for the inspiration!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a fun card. I really like the stenciled piece. It looks almost textured.

Mariken said...

Lovely card!! Thank you for joining our valentine Challenge at CAS on Sunday!!