Sunday 13 December 2015

Father Christmas

Meet Father Christmas.  Are you ready for his arrival?

Today, I am again playing with inking my stamps with Brushos.  I just love the look they give to my stamping.  Kind of a hand painted result when using them.

Grabbed my MISTI to stamp the border and my Tall Timbers stamp from Penny Black.  I randomly painted some Brushos onto the stamp and pressed onto my paper.  Changed the direction of my stamp, brushed on more Brushos and stamped again to create the edge border.
 Next, I painted this vintage feeling Santa that I love from Stampington with more Brushos and stamped.
I cut him out using the stitched border from MFT and cut a larger one to mount it onto.  I pop dotted it over the background and done.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

A Gem of Challenge- CHRISTMAS

My Sheri Crafts- VINTAGE CHRISTMAS

Alphabet Challenge- 'V' for VINTAGE

The Story of Christmas- ANYTHING GOES


May Father Christmas shower you with many blessings!
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a peek.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black, Stampington/ Brushos/ MISTI/ paint brush

10 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW this is gorgeous, love that image and the "lines"

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so amazingly lovely and well done. You are sure inspiring me to get out my water color granules again, but will have to wait until after Christmas. Your work is wonderful!

Sandy Palmer said...

This is pretty cool looking! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Love that Santa image, and cool background, awesome card!!

Pat said...

Lovely Christmas card, thanks for playing along at Alphabet Challenge.

Pat xx

Loll said...

LOVE this image Karen. So amazing inked with red! Love your artsy background. xx

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Karen, I love that Santa image and your fabulous background! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at The Glory of Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.

shirley-bee said...

Mmmm, love this! Santa looks fabulous stamped in red.

Helen said...

A great design - love the background.

Thanks for joining us at The Glory of Christmas Challenge and Happy New Year.

Helen x