Friday 13 November 2015

Casing My Card

Good Morning.
What a thrill for me this month.  I am the Guest Designer over at the Time Out Challenges where they are casing my card below. 



I wanted to play along too, so here is an easy Christmas card I made.
Again, I am showcasing yet another way to use one of my favourite stencils from Simon Says Stamps.   
I began by masking off any area on my card front then laid the stencil over the mask and applied some Distress inks over that using a applicator tool.  I used Salty Ocean and a hint of Peacock Feathers, my two personal favourite Distress ink colours.
Then, I removed the mask and scored a frame around the inked area to help define it with my ScorPal.  Splattered white paint over the top, stamped the sentiment from Inkadinkadoo and done.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Time Out Challenge- CHALLENGE 44

Fab 'n' Funky- CLEAN AND SIMPLE

CRAFT- CHRISTMAS

 Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamp- Inkadinkadoo/ stencil-SSS/ Distress ink/ Memento bl ink/ inking tool/ ScorPal/ wh acylic paint

19 comments:

sandie said...

wonderful CASE of your card Karen-love how you used the scored edges. Thank you so much for inspiring us at Time Out x

Robin Perry said...

Both cards are cool! (lol, no pun intended in regard to your snowflake card)

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh my, LOVE this card, simply gorgeous!!!

Jen6425 said...

Hi Karen -
I loved your original card and Pinned it and this one is beautiful too. I do have a question though - how in the heck did you get the scoring so perfect around the card - I can't seem to do this and would love any insight or tips.
Thanks -
Jen

Gabi MeWi said...

So adorable - love the snowflake.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Very beautiful and I love the clean and simple design of it. Snowflakes this time of year are so appropriate for card designs.

Loll said...

Both of your cards are beautiful Karen! Great design! xx

Joyce said...

Love that you CASed your own card. Your take is just beautiful. I love that you made scor lines around your masked area. I did not realize that, and used a second piece of card stock when I CASed you. I like your way better.

Susanne Vargas said...

Love both the original and the CASE! Fabulous!

Shona Chambers said...

Karen its so exciting for me to be CASEing one of your cards for this challenge. I'm a huge fan and love your designs. Just love this snowflake card, the blue is gorgeous and is the perfect CAS design. Hope you enjoy seeing all the creations over the next two weeks, always interesting to see someone be inspired by your own card. So wonderful to have you with us at TIME OUT!!!

Anita in France said...

LOVE the gorgeous shimmery blues, Karen ... so perfect with the snowflake stencil! Thanks so much for being our Designer to CASE at Time Out ... it's a joy to be working with you! Hugs, Anita :)

Jan said...

This is fab Thanks for joining us at FNF. xx Jan Dt

Nonni said...

This is so great technique Karen -I just love those score lines! Thank you so much for being our CASE designer. xxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

An utterly PERFECT CAS card. Love the embossed edge around the image. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Fab ‘n’ Funky crew for our ‘Clean & Simple’ challenge this week. Love to see you back again soon. Hugs, Wends x Fab ‘n’ Funky DT

Gerrina said...

Think it is good fun to case your own card and this case looks just as beautiful as your first! Love the bright colours on both! Thanks for your great case-card on the TIME OUT blog!

MagsB said...

This is simply beautiful, Karen, what gorgeous colouring! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Cahllenge!

love Mags B x

Lisa Kind said...

Lovely card! I like the technique you used to achieve this look!

Lindsey said...

I may just have to CASE your CASE, Karen! Thanks for the inspiration, I just pinned this pretty card.

A Place for Kia said...

I am back again Karen ... just had to have another look. I am sure I saw this last year, but I forgot and I just love it.