Saturday 7 November 2015

Being Grateful

Morning.
I am so happy to be the Guest Designer this month at Crazy4 Challenges.
Some really great challenges coming up this month to get your creative juices flowing.
The challenge this week is to create a card of thanks using Fall colors.  Easy right?
 This is what I came up with.

I began by pulling out my Penny Black set called Nature's Gifts.  I love the cluster of leaves.  I got out my MISTI and inked my stamp with Barn Door and Fired Brick Distress inks, sprayed with water and stamped.  Then while the stamp and paper were still wet, I randomly pressed some Brushed Corduroy and stamped again.  
When that was dry, I drew in the black line frame and splattered some more Distress inks that I had watered down, over the background and stamped the sentiment called Flourish Thank You.
Still needed something more so to add some warmth,  I sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress ink. It's amazing how the sponging affects the overall look.

Also adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- THANKS

Simply Create Too- GIVE THANKS

4 Crafty Chicks- 2 STEP STAMPING

Moving Along with the Times- LEAVES or TREES


Thank You so very much for coming by and taking a look!
Thanks to my good friend Joanne Grzelak for asking me to be the GD.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Distress ink/ Memento ink/ MISTI/ fine line marker/ ruler/ applicator tool/ Mini Mister

12 comments:

OH Babs said...

Love the fall card Karen and that is a nice stamp. I have not spritzed water on the Misti but if you say it works I will give it a try.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic Fall card design. I love the leaf stamp too!

Joanne (jojot) said...

your leaves are so vibrant and gorgeous....truly captured the colors of this season.....thanks so much for playing along with us......hugs

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, it's excited that you are GD for Crazy4Challenges, and what a gorgeous card! I love the vibrant fall colors and especially love the framing. Stunning, as always, sweet friend. Hope you had a fun day! Hugs!

Davi said...

Congrats Karen!! Your card is beautiful! I love the watercolor look leaves, that are beautiful colors! The antique linen edges look great with the image, and like how you drew the frame too ;)

Aileen said...

Karen, wonderful watercolouring. Love the design and colours, beautiful.

Pamellia said...

Just gorgeous Karen, those leaves are completely dreamy! hugs :)

Wendy L said...

So beautiful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Bobby said...

Love those leaves (which I have) stamped like that, Karen. The black border really adds a great touch as do the splatters.

Heather said...

A fabulous card Karen, a pretty design and colour combo.......wonderful stamping the gorgeous leaves with stunning colours and a super sentiment!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our 2-step stamping challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT/4CC

Inkyfingers said...

Karen this is a stunning card - so vibrant and a great design!
Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x