Saturday 29 August 2015

In Full Bloom

Welcome to the Weekend!

Did you ever wonder if you could use your single stamps to get the look of a two-step stamping set?  
That's what I tried to do with today's card inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast and this pretty runner from the Horchow site.


I used my MISTI to do this technique, but you could use a stamp positioner as well is you don't own a MISTI.  I coloured the stamp called Trumpet Song from Penny Black with Memento markers in the lightest colours that I was going to use, sprayed with water then pressed onto my paper.  I then wiped all the ink off the stamp and coloured only in selected areas with the darkest colours I wanted and stamped over the first stamping.  By doing this, I was able to get the look of a two-step stamp set.
Normally, when I colour directly onto my stamps with markers and spray with water the colours blend together but doing this technique in 2 steps with lightest colours stamped first and darker last, it gives a much more defined look rather then having it all blended together.
I added some splattering for interest and pop dotted my sentiment after that.



I am added my card to these challenges:


Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES 

Shoppng Our Stash- SPLISH SPLASH

Creative Knockouts- ANYTHING GOES

Southern Girls- FLOWER POWER


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.  It means so much to me.
Hope you have a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Memento markers/ Memento bl ink/ MISTI/ mini mister/ paint brush/ pop dots

25 comments:

britgirl58 said...

A beautiful stamp, but elevated to gorgeous! What a wonderful card! Well done and good luck in your challenges.
Julie

Diane Jaquay said...

This is really gorgeous, Karen! Thanks for explaining how you did it, I'll have to give this technique a try!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, what a beautiful inspiration card! I found a couple of things and hope (truly hope) I can make a quick card). I love the colors and love how you use just the right amount of splatter to make it extra beautiful! Hugs, my friend!

Verna Angerhofer said...

You are so creative and talented and clever I might add. What a great way to get the twos step look. I love the end results. Just gorgeous!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen :-) fabulous stamping and I love the colours too, very beautiful! Perfect! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Sarah G said...

So beautiful, Karen! The second layer gives great depth to those gorgeous flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS :)

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and such a clever technique. Karen x

Craft Paper said...

Gorgeous! This is such a great technique and you did a fabulous job. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts.

Bobby said...

Thanks for the info on how you made this gorgeous card, Karen. I'm going to see if I have a stamp to try it with.

Loll said...

You are so clever. I LOVE how you've added shading to these beautiful blooms Karen. I HAVE to try this!! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS ... I KNEW you would join in the "blue" challenge. :) xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY pretty, your imagination knows no bounds!

PS Did the flowers, but rain soaked them too much, will have to wait for dry weather to try again.

Lin said...

Hello my friend! I've been travelling and out of it for the last couple weeks, but I just had to stop and let you know how lovely this card is! Your blue cards always make me stop in my tracks! Beautiful work!

Marie-Louise said...

Gosh Karen this is gorgeous.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card and what a great technique! I love the look of layered stamping and you've achieved it here - I need to try this!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous card with happy results. What a festive blue.

Linda said...

Beautiful card! :)

MaxiBelle Studio said...

the effect looks incredible. so bright & vibrant. Thanks for joining us for our 'Flowers' challenge #118.
Alicia (Southern Girls DT)
MaxiBelle Studio

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful effect with your stamping technique, Karen! I love the pattern you created too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

TaeEun said...

Beautifully stamped flowers! your stamping technique is great!

Karen Petitt said...

I recently watched a video at Jennifer McGuire showing the layering ink technique with a special set of stamps and wondered if I could do the same using a stamp positioning tool and my solid stamps, starting off light and going to dark: THANK YOU! I now plan to try this out with my stamps so thank you so much for experimenting and sharing Karen

Deepti said...

Wowzers! you always create wonders :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

anja curvers said...

Wow this is really awesome. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

Bhavana said...

The blue flowers look awesome. Beautiful card .Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS!!

Ngaere said...

I love the watercolour effect and the soft pretty blues. So gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Southern Girls.