Thursday 27 August 2015

To the Moon

Morning.
A few weeks ago, I found this stamp by Hampton Arts in a bargain bin at Michaels.  I just had to pick it up as it was something I used to say to my kids.  
I got playing with my Brushos and then this card happened.  I was also inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast called Make it Metal.

So, I started with the Brusho background.  I just love playing with them because you never know what you will end up with.  I sprinkled them over my paper and then sprayed with water to activate the paint crystals.  When dry, I stenciled circles using white Colorbox ink over the background using a circle stencil that I made from a piece of acetate.  By adding the stenciling, it gave the piece the look of what they call 'bokeh' and reminded me of a night time sky.  
I stamped the sentiment then splattered the piece with white acrylic paint and glued on some metal stars to complete my card.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Shopping Our Stash- SPLISH, SPLASH
 (I sprayed water to create my bkg.)

Inspiration Destination- ANYTHING GOES

Cards and More- CARDS FOR MEN

Deep Ocean- FOR THE BOYS


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamp- Hampton Art/ ink- Memento, Colorbox/ stars/ Tacky glue/ ink applicator/ stencil/ Brusho/ Mini Mister/ paint brush/ wh acrylic paint

23 comments:

Kathyk said...

Looks simply fabulous and perfect when used in conjunction with your Michaels bargain purchase too

Kathyk

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You make it all sound so simple to obtain such a fabulous result.

stampinganja said...

Love how it turned out! You always make such great cards! Thanks for sharing!!

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous, Jo x

A Place for Kia said...

You do make it sound simple and I know it takes talent to achieve such a beautiful result.

Chris Dring said...

I was getting nervous for a moment there, when I didn't see one of your super awesome cool background cards not posted at first! But it was worth the wait! This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Craftychris said...

Beautiful night sky and a fabulous sentiment! xxx

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, another fabulous background, Karen, so celestial!!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card, Karen. The background is beautiful and how clever to make your own stencil with acetate - must remember to try that some time. Elizabeth

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! This card is so awesome! And OMG! Star eyelets! I just used one of these myself, amazing what you can find in your stash when you dig to the very bottom.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome. Reminds me of the Bokeh Effect cards. I love your background and love the sentiment too.

BożenA said...

Enchanted card! I love brusho and bokeh effect, and here I have both the art so beautiful double effect. And my favorite blue colors ... WOW!
hugs,
BozenA

Donna said...

Awesome card, looks like a moonscape, which works perfectly with your sentiment!!
Thanks for playing along with the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Splish Splash" challenge this week!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is amazing, and I LOVE this sentiment! It's a great one, and how precious that you used to say it to the kids! Wow, I love the Brushos and the great stenciling...really looks like a moon out that!! I love it! Hugs, sweet friend!

Yvette said...

Gorgeous card! Love the sentiment.

Loll said...

LOVE!! This is so beautiful ... the colours you've used, the bokeh technique ... makes for an amazing design. The sentiment is PERFECT. Great card, my friend! xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

That is a gorgeous background! Love the sentiment too!

Niinu said...

This is a piece of art! Such a beatiful!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen :-) the background galaxy is amazing! WOW this really is FABULOUS!! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous background, Karen!

Bobby said...

I imagine all kinds of things looking at that fabulous background, Karen. Like a bunch of light blue balloons with confetti flying, photographed from above.

Michelle said...

Fantastic this card. Lovely.
Thanks for playing with us at inspiration Destination.
Good luck and I hope we see you again.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Julie B said...

Great card Karen, I love coming across a great bargain. Love playing with Brushos too, I've had mine for nearly 15yrs and forgot all about them 'til they appeared everywhere recently.
Thanks for sharing your card with us at CuM. :)