Saturday 1 August 2015

OLS #19- STRIP DOWN


Welcome Back for another edition of the
ONE-LAYER SIMPLICITY Challenge
This month I am hosting the challenge and our theme is:

Strip Down

This is a pretty simple challenge.  Mask a strip down the front of your cardstock and stamp away.

For my card, I masked the strip using Painter's Tape.  A simple tip if you are using the Painter's Tape is to stick it onto your clothes a few times to remove some of the adhesive.  By doing that, you are less likely to tear your card front when removing.
I used a new stamp set from Simon Says to stamp within the masked area.  I also rubbed on some Peacock Feathers Distress ink along the edges to define the stamped area.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment that is included in the set using Memento Black ink and my MISTI.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

4 Crafty Chicks- ANYTHING GOES

Simply Create Too- ANYTHING GOES

Through the Craft Room Door- ANYTHING GOES

Fan-Tastic Tuesday- ANYTHING GOES/FEMININE



Would love for you to come and play along!
Have a great weekend and thanks for taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- SSS/ Distress ink/ Memento ink/ MISTI/ Inking Tool/ Painter's Tape

9 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen :-) I love the blue flowers, so pretty and the CAS design is perfect! I LOVE this :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Janine said...

Love it - must find time to play along!

Tamie said...

Clean, simple and fabulous!! I love the you design and those fantastic colors. Thank you for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge

Tamie DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Loll said...

LOVE your design Karen. Turquoise and lime are quickly becoming one of my favourite combos!! xx

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous CAS card! I love the colours you used and the stripe of florals you added! Thank you for joining us at TTCRD this week!
Kamila DT

Diane Jaquay said...

Fabulous CAS one layer card, love these colors and the flowers are beautiful!!

Taunya Butler said...

This is one amazing, gorgeous and wonderfully made one layer card!! It is awesome and I have seen it in many places as I have traveled the web and I saw it on pinterest!! Just so lovely!!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too” - hope to see you next time!!

DT-Member SCT
Taunya Butler
http://daisiesgirl.com

LesLee said...

Beautiful color combination... it works so well together.. I love the CAS look of this but it has such a big impact. xx