Saturday 8 August 2015

Goodness

Happy Saturday!

Time to play along with the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast and today we are being inspired by the Starbucks site.  Coffee and stamping.....goodness.
Here is the cup I was inspired by:


I began by die-cutting the flowers using a die from Memory Box.  I love the look of the delicate flowers.  Using some temporary adhesive, I glued the flowers to my watercolour paper.  
Then I sprinkled Brushos over the top and sprayed with water.
TIP:  Remove the masks immediately after spraying with water so the paint won't saturate the paper you used for masking and blur your image.


Adding my card to these challenges:

CASology- PRECIOUS
(my coffee and stamping time are very precious to me!)

Happy Little Stampers- MASKING

Simply Create Too- ANYTHING GOES

Addicted to Stamps- ANYTHING GOES

Inspiration Destination- ANYTHING GOES


That's it.  
Enjoy your weekend...maybe with a coffee in your hand?

Supplies:  Die-Memory Box/ Brushos/ temporary adhesive/ tweezers (to remove masks)/ mini mister

20 comments:

Hannelie said...

Oh yes... coffee and stamping are precious and goes hand in hand!
This is beautiful Karen!
Thanks for playing at CASology!

Betty said...

beautiful card Karen!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Jo x

SD pooja said...

Awesome ! Loved the watercolor effect :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

I really love the way this turned out. Great idea with the die cuts and love those colors.

Marie-Louise said...

This is gorgeous Karen.

Loll said...

Gorgeous brushos card Karen. Love the masked flowers ... great job with that. I always get a lot of blurring so definitely need more practice, but you have mastered it!! Love this combination of colours. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Bonnie said...

A beautiful technique for these silhouette flowers, Karen! I always love your Brusho backgrounds and this has the most gorgeous colors! Thanks for sharing this with us at Happy Little Stampers!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous background, Karen! You did an amazing job with your Brushos, and I love your masked flowers! Fabulous card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Davi said...

Beautiful Karen I love the colors!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love those colours Karen! That single embossed pinstripe you have used finishes it beautifully too! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers CAS! Hazel xx

nwilliams6 said...

I still love this one from the IC challenge - I am going to have to remember this technique. Inspirational mf. Hugz

Tanja said...

love your vibrant Brusho background - thanks for playing along at ATSM

cm said...

Such a vibrant, vivid, lovely card! WOW! Thank you for sharing this gem in the ATSM gallery!
~c

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen!! Beautifully done. Those colors are super fun and pretty!!Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.

Wei Wei said...

Love this awesome background and the delicate flowers! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cool!

Sue said...

What a gorgeous effect, Karen! This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing at Happy Little Stampers.

izitjo said...

I love this one Karen. Very watercoloury and artsy! I'm going to remember that technique of masking before sprinkling brusho powder! Might even be my next trial! ;) I love delicate flowers too so we do have a bit in common in terms of style!

Vikki said...

Hi Karen, I have been admiring all your beautiful cards for a while now and I just love your Brusho cards, so much so that I put a request in for a Brusho set for my birthday. This is the card I have made with my new set by casing one of my favourite cards you have made.
http://vikkisstampingcreations.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/love-and-best-wishes.html