Sunday 19 July 2015

Nature's Calling


Nature's Calling or I just have the beach on the brain, hence this card.

I just got a new stamp set called One with Nature from Simon Says and wanted to play with it.  Saw this challenge at Splitcoast and was off to ink up my paper and stamps.

I began by applying some Goosebumps to my watercolour paper.  For those of you that are unfamiliar with Goosebumps, it is a clear liquid medium that you can use as a resist.  I just splattered some onto my paper, let it dry and then added the blue.  I did that by sprinkling some Brusho blues onto a non-stick craft sheet, sprayed with water then dragged my paper through the wet paint.  I just love the effect it created with some of the white space still remaining.
While that was drying, I stamped the leaf outline and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then using the solid stamp from the set, I stamped using Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink over the embossing and cut it out.  Stamped the sentiment from the set too.
Lastly, I scored a line top and bottom to define the inked piece.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Less is More- LIFE'S A BEACH

Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES


(so of course I had to play!!)



Hope you had a great weekend...it just goes by too quickly!

Supplies:  stamps- SS/ Goosebumps/ Distress ink/ wh eb powder/ heat tool/ Brusho/ mini mister/ ScorPal/

21 comments:

Pia Larsen said...

Super cool background!

Unknown said...

Great background, great card. Karen x

Becca Cruger said...

Oh wow - how gorgeously inky and lovely is this?! That splotchy blue against that pristine white really POPS and the sentiment is downright amazing! Thank you so much for linking up to the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

Davi said...

Looks beautiful Karen!! Looks just like the sunlight playing on the water :)

Kathyk said...

What a cool idea to use goosebumps as a resist, texture too!!! Lovely make

Kathyk

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Awesome technique and a great take on our beachy challenge this week Karen
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Yasmina TIN-SANG said...

Love your background!
Beautiful take on our challenge! Thanks for playing with us at The Mixed Media Card Challenge!
Yasmina

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous seaside card, Karen, the colours are stunning.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool card and love the sentiment.

Christine said...

Love your beach inspired card, well I love the beach to begin with!

Peanut said...

LOVE that background, Karen .... WOW!
hugs Asha

Anne said...

What a stunning inky background and awesome card Karen!
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
Less is More

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Everything about this card is so fun. That background is stunning but I really like that zany tree!

Joanne said...

Simply gorgeous Karen! I love that sentiment and the background you created is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

My Paper Epiphany said...

I knew you'd rock the blue theme! Stunning card and I love your techniques!

Neets B said...

That effect you created is just stunning, Karen. Gorgeous card.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Chrissie said...

This is such wonderful inkiness!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Elina Stromberg said...

Amazing take on our MMCC challenge! Loooove the background, it looks stunning!
Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hoping to see you with us again in August! ♥

Anni said...

Sooo beautiful!
I saw this card in the gallery at Seize the Birthday and instantly knew that it was one of yours! Your style is so unique!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday!
Anni

The Colour Press said...

Hands down gorgeous!!!! Amazed at how you've created the background. Thank you for sharing this with us at MMCC

sannalippert said...

love this! your card just pops out of the gallery!!! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)