Saturday 13 June 2015

Love Life


Happy Saturday!

Finally had time to make a card this week.  Sometimes life just get so busy and I miss out on my crafting time!
Today, I am being inspired by the Challenge at Splitcoast from the Shabby Creek CottageBlog.  Fun ideas and here is the photo that inspired my card:


I began by creating the background using Brusho.  Many of you know about Brusho and the wonderful colours you can achieve from just spraying with water.
(Many examples of using Brusho on my previous blog posts)
When the bkg. was dry, I used my Misti and Memento ink to stamp the sentiment which is one of my newest purchases from STAMPlorations.  LOVE, love the Misti for repeated, dark stamping over a painted surface.  The flowers from Hero Arts, were stamped with the Misti again then watercoloured using more Brusho, water and a paint brush.
To add extra interest and depth to the painted surface I stamped the script from Penny Black along the side.  I just filled in some of the empty areas perfectly.

 Adding my card to these challenges:

CASology- GRADUATION

Virginia's View- OMBRE/MONOCHROMATIC

Use Your Stuff- SENTIMENT

Crafty Catz- CLEAN AND SIMPLE

Simply Create Too- MASCULINE

Happy Little Stampers- SPRAYS and MISTS

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.  I really appreciate YOU!
Have a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamps- Hero Arts, Penny Black, Stamplorations/ Brusho/ Memento ink/ MISTI/ paint brush/ Mini Mister

27 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Sheer magic Karen!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love the background. I've missed seeing your cards this week. Karen x

Hannelie said...

A beautiful interpretation of the photo Karen!

Lee-Anne said...

Stunning background on this beauty, Karen! So happy you found some time to play!

Gillian R said...

What a beautiful card, love that background, just gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Susan said...

This has to be one of my favourites of your cards ever! It is so beautiful! And what a great interpretation of the photo!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, what a gorgeous card using the inspiration photo - it's stunning! And I love the colors you've used with the beautiful matting to highlight the deep plum! You sure make using these Brushos to tempting. You are fabulous with them, and I'm so glad you are enjoying the MISTI and getting a really sharp sentiment! Happy to see another beautiful card, my friend! Hugs!

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great, Jo x

Bobby said...

Gorgeous as usual, Karen.

stampinganja said...

Love it!! Stunning card!

stampinganja said...

Do I need a Misti now??

Loll said...

Really beautiful card Karen. Love the script along side your gorgeous flowers. And the brushos colours are so gorgeous. This would be perfect for the HLS June CAS challenge - Sprays / Mists. Hope you'll join us. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another gorgeous work of art. Love the soft colors you achieved with the Brushos and the flowers are magnificent.

Bonnie said...

You are a pro with the Brushos! You keep inspiring me to keep trying!

Diane said...

Wow what a gorgeous background and card design.

Hugs diane

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Simply gorgeous!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a gorgeous take on the inspiration photo, Karen! Stunning card!

Chrissie said...

Beautiful!
Must try brushos!

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous as always Karen. :)

Margik said...

Hi Karen! What fabulous background, flowers and colours... a great design! Love your style!!!

Ardyth said...

Stunning - you seem to be the Brusho expert - I love that blue/purple combination! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Kylie said...

Stunning, Karen! LOVE the colours and the hint of script on the edge. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Donna said...

Stunning card Karen! Your colour work is fantastic which really makes your card pop! :) Donna ♥ x

maria f. said...

Gorgeous, Karen.

LesleyG said...

Gorgeous card, I am now inspired to do more with my brushos! xxx

Linda said...

Love it!!! The colour is fab and I love the words! xx

Daria said...

I saw this card on Pinterest this morning. It did not link back to this post so I spent my morning going through your blog looking for it. Oh,my. I saw so many wonderful cards. You always say what you used and how you made your cards. Thank you so much for that. I have pinned a bunch of them to my Pinterest Board this morning. When I finally came across this post, I made myself stop looking; but I'll be back. Wonderful, wonderful work.