Saturday 28 March 2015

Rainy Day

Happy Saturday.  

Rainy days....some people like them, some people don't.  I think of rainy days as being a big part of Spring and I want Spring to come and stay.  
Today, I am being inspired by the umbrella challenge at Splitcoast from a Pinterest board and this photo:


My card was pretty simple to do.  I sprinkled some Bister paint onto my card front then sprayed with water.  Many people have asked what Bister is so here is a link where I bought mine and also a video that will help you understand what they are all about:  http://ibrakeforstamps.com/bister.aspx

When that was all dry, I inked the new poppies and sentiment from the Pretty Petals set by Penny Black with Stazon ink...great set!  

HINT:  I used to hate using Stazon because of the clean-up.  I found if you ink your stamp with Versamark first the Stazon will clean off much easier.

I coloured the flowers using Copic markers in blue of course.  I used a Signo white gel pen to highlight the centers of the flowers and done.

 Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Addicted to Stamps- MAKE YOUR MARK
(Bisters)

Crazy 4 Challenges- THINK SPRING

Creative Corner- SPRING HAS SPRUNG

Simply Papercraft- Anything Goes



Enjoy your weekend.  I really appreciate that you took the time to come and take a peek.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Stazon bl ink/ Copic markers/ Signo wh pen/ Bister/ Mini mister

20 comments:

sandie said...

This is stunning Karen, the bg really looks like the photo, and thanks for the ink tip! Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Dotty Jo said...

Just ordered some Bister paint... very excited! Love your card, Jo x

joy said...

Another gorgeous card, Karen! There are several new brands of this kind of color pigments coming out now. I can see that you are having a blast using them!

Unknown said...

Another great card. Love the effect you get with the Blister paint. Good tip for when you're using Stazon. Karen x

Karen Hasheck said...

Love it!! and yes it is addicting!

You should send that tip into Scrap and Stamp Arts for their Inklings tips section. If not familiar, email me for details.

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Karen, the poppies look fabulous in blue.
Pauline
x

Deepti said...

That's a cool effect !!!

Loll said...

Am loving your Bister cards Karen. Might have to get those! :) Gorgeous background, and beautiful flowers. Thanks for the tip about adding versamark before stazon ... I also hate the clean up with stazon, so will give that a try! xx

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Just GORGEOUS, Karen! What an amazing technique - thanks so much for sharing your talent!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Love your choice of colours Karen and a super striking image colouring technique
Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATSM challenge
You might also like to link up at Uniko Studio as it’s anything goes.
Sarah x

Pamellia said...

Wow Karen, you are super talented! I've been sifting through your posts and I am really impressed with the amazing work you do! This is just incredible, I love that background and your stamping is stunning! Love it! hugs :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

We are having a rainy day today. So this fits perfectly and I love the design you did with the Bisters and the poppies. Those poppies are stunning on that card. I really love that type of flower too!

Sara Mac said...

I love all of you cards Karen! This one is no exception. Just beautiful.

Craftychris said...

Really cool card! Your poppies look gorgeous in blue and I love the effect of the Bisters! xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That Bister background is just so interesting. It really makes the solid blue of the flowers POP. I don't mind rainy days if I don't have to go out in them. But here the ground is so hard and nothing is built for rain so if you go out in the rain expect to be soaked from the knees down which is no fun (and of course if you have no umbrella the top will be soaked too). Better to just stay in and enjoy the rain from a dry vantage point.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fabulous background and those blue poppies - simply stunning! Thanks Karen, for joining us at ATSM!

Deborah Frings said...

I love blue poppies, this is absolutely stunning. I love the background you made with the Bister - gives a wonderful look. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Unknown said...

Beautiful background and the flowers are gorgeous. The white makes them pop for sure. Great design, great job!! TFS

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it with us over at Simply Papercraft.

Linda said...

Hi!
What a gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining our Spring has sprung challenge over at CCC.
Linda DT-CCC