Thursday 10 July 2014

What's Bugging You?

 
Good Morning.  Here is today's card.  A simple one using three different textures as I am playing along with the Tantalizing Textures Challenge at Splitcoast
I stamped this cute little guy onto polka dot paper then cut him out to add to my card front.  He needed to be grounded somehow so I stamped the background 'bubble wrap' behind him and embossed it with clear powder for texture.  I stamped the sentiment and then added the twine for a quick CAS card.
My three textures are Glossy Accents on the bug's nose, twine and the embossing.
 
I am also adding my card to these challenges:
 
CASology- GLOW (my bug's nose glows)
 
 
Simon Says- LET'S BE CLEAR
 
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
 
Supplies:  stamps- WPlus 9, The Alley Way/ Glossy Accents/ Memento Bl./ twine/ polka dot dp/Copic markers
 

11 comments:

cat on the window said...

Super cute card!

Barb Ghig said...

I really love your 'bubble wrap' background and the polka dots are so fun, Karen! This is such a charming card, and sure to make someone feel better!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Super cute!!!

Greetings
Maria

Loll said...

This little guy is so sweet and is sure to bring a smile to whomever receives it! :) xx

Judy1223 said...

What a cute bug, Karen...love the paper-piecing and the bubble wrap background stamping! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

What a cutie Karen!!! Love this bug critter!! Thanks for joining us at CASology, we LOVE it when you do!!!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card!

Unknown said...

Oh how adorable! I love that bright orange. Very glowey :)

Tam Hess
http://cardmakingartists.com

Heather said...

An adorable card Karen, a fabulous design and colour scheme - I love the use of bubble wrap you've grounded with the cute spotted 'bug' - a fun sentiment and great twine!!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

cheiron said...

This little bug is too cute. Love his shiny nose. Thank you so much for playing along with the Let's Be Clear Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

May Park said...

This is super cute, Karen! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!