Tuesday 22 July 2014

Vacation Time

 
Summer is here and vacation time is here so many of us have the beach on the brain.  Fresh air, blue skies, the sound of the water....relax.  Doesn't get much better then that.
I created my card for the CAS Challenge at Splitcoast.  It was a 'Day at the Beach' theme.  I thought of my Gina K set right away.  I created the blue sky and the brown sand by inking up my long, rectangle shaped acrylic block with Distress inks, sprayed with water and stamped.  Really easy and quick to do.  When dry, I stamped the pier with black Memento ink and mounted that scene onto a piece of black cardstock to accentuate the black silhouette. 
The background was done by inking my Hero Arts stamp with Distress inks, sprayed with water then stamped.  I like the watery look it gave to the chevron stamping and a good backdrop to mount the image onto. 
 
Adding my card to these challenges:
 
Little Red Wagon- I NEED A VACATION
 
Crafty Boots- SUMMER HOLIDAYS
 
Love to Create- BRIGHT and SUNNY
 
Make My Monday- VACATION
 
 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
 
Supplies:  stamps- Hero Arts, Gina K/ Distress ink/ Memento bl/ acrylic block/ Mini Mister/ pop dots

12 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous card, I love your CAS design and your wonderful pier stamp. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Lin said...

Beautiful, Karen! That chevron background mimics the birds in your stamp!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow what a pretty card, that reminds me that we are going to the seaside fryday and saterday!! Thanks for telling me to relax and injoy!!!

Greetings
Maria

Shery Russ said...

After seeing your card, I'm wanting a vacation! Loved reading about how you put this beauty together, Karen :o)

Tracy Penney said...

Another fabulous card Karen. I love your CAS style. I love the image that you used and your card is so fun. Thanks for joining our vacation/travel challenge over at Little Red Wagon.

Davi said...

Wonderful "day at the beach"~ I love your image with the pier and the background reminds me of waves :)

Karren said...

It's the middle of winter here in New Zealand so this gorgeous card makes me feel all warm!

Jacqueline said...

A great card - thanks for joining in with us this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

Unknown said...

Awesome CAS card! Love the backdrop you created for the scene. Thank you for joining our "Bright & Sunny" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh a beautiful card !!Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create for our Bright and Sunny Challenge.
Hugs'
Jackie ~ LTC owner/designer

maureenjscott said...

Fabulous! Love the image and layout. Thanks for joining us at Love to Create this week, Mo xxx

Deepti said...

Your cards are always beautiful, I am usually not left with words to admire them :) love the inking on the scene u created !