Monday 21 July 2014

Singing in the Rain

 
Welcome and thanks for peeking in.  Today's card was inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast yesterday.  I wanted to get a chance to play with my new die so set off to make a card.
 
I began by creating the blue panel with Distress inks.  I rubbed Salty Ocean, Peacock Feather and Broken China Distress inks onto my acrylic block, sprayed with water and stamped onto my cardstock.  I just kept inking and stamping until all the white areas were covered.  Love the watery feel and the drips look like drops of rain. 
I popped the die cut on top of that and lined the panel with a black strip then added the sentiment.
 
Also adding my card to these challenges:
 
Curtain Call- ANYTHING GOES
 
 
Less is More- SINGING IN THE RAIN
 
Scribble and Scrap- ANYTHING GOES
Click Badge for Current Challenge
 
 
Crafting at the Weekend- ANYTHING GOES
 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  Hope you have a great week.
 
Supplies:  stamps- Hero Arts/ Die- Tim Holtz/ Distress ink/ Memento bl/ pop dots/ acrylic block/ Mini Mister

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful , Karen !! When you write : rubbed in , what do you mean with it ? Do you use a sponge ? I try to make such cards sometimes , but they never turn out very well , so help is needed ... Anita

Bobby said...

I thought for sure this card was for Less Is More. Their challenge is "Singing in the Rain" and I'm sure it would be a winner over there.

Susie said...

Fabulous card.

Lee-Anne said...

Your watery scene is just lovely in those beautiful shades of blue, Karen..I can hear Gene singing now :)

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! Love the depth on the watery panel :)

Barb Ghig said...

Such an awesome card, Karen! I love how you created a 'rainy' background, and how the silhouette of your die cut pops against it! Fabulous design, too!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Love this umbrella man, I think I have him somewhere too, great sample I probalbly will use him very soon to!! Great work!!

Greetings
Maria

Alyx said...

Wonderful and elegant card for a blokie! Fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this distress ink combo is stunning! What a beautiful background to your black die of umbrella man! I LOVE HIM!! Stunning card! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Love the background! Thanks for playing with Addicted to Stamps and more.

Kylie said...

Beautiful background. LOVE it, actually. I have just bought some DI's so I will have to try this technique. The silhouette is amazing, Karen! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

~amy~ said...

This is so striking.
Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

Tracey McNeely said...

Karen great silhouette! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

Chrissie said...

I never thought of using this image... stunning... and the background is perfect!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Super background, fab creation!
Thank you so much for joining in this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Les idées de Magouille said...

I love this stamp! great card!

Andree said...

This is wonderful and I love the technique for creating the blue panel.
Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x