Thursday 24 July 2014

Mix it Up

 
It's a sunny, bright day here today.  I felt like making an abstract card with a new stamp I got called 'Patio Stone'.  The challenge at Splitcoast this am is to make a card with lots of dots so I was off to make a card.
I began by making the rectangle shapes you can see in the background.  I made those by inking up my acrylic block with DYE ink and dripping Blending Solution onto the ink.  The Blending Solution pushes the ink so you get a resist looking background.  When that was dry, I stamped the circular Patio Stones with more Dye ink.  Added the sentiment and I was done.  I think this would make a good card for a guy's birthday.
 
Also adding my card to these challenges:
 
The Male Room- GEOMETRIC
 
The Crafter's Cafe- ANYTHING GOES
 
 
Hope you can enjoy some sunny skies in your part of the world today.  I so appreciate you coming by and taking a look and for all the most kind and generous comments you leave for me. 
 
Supplies:  stamps- WPlus 9, Designs by Ryn/ Dye ink/ Memento ink/ pearls/ Blending Solution

11 comments:

Joan B said...

LOVE this card. That design is perfect

Deborah Frings said...

I love the watercolour effect on your abstract card! Fabulous colours too. Thanks so much for playing along with the Male Room this week!

Dotty Jo said...

I really do love that patio stones stamp and that fabulous colour combo. Great card, Karen, Jo x

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Karen,

I just noticed your upload. Thanks so much :) Love the abstract composition you've made. Neat contrast between circular shapes and rectangles. Great card!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome masculine card! Thanks for joining in at The Male Room~

Lisa Lara said...

Wowee this is gorgeous Karen. Brilliant I tell you.

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for joining in our 'Goemetric' challenge this week in TMR - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

Ellibelle said...

This is amazing Karen. Love it!!

NanaConnie said...

I just adore your CAS design, Karen! Wonderful stamp. I'm so happy to see you playing along at Through the Craft Room Door this week. Good luck and hope to see you again next week.
NanaConnie DT

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! Love that patio stone image.

Deepti said...

What a cool and trendy look :)