Saturday 26 July 2014

Ink, Spray and Go

Morning...so happy you dropped in.  I just love this sentiment....so true.  I hope you are having a 'smiling' kind of day.  As most of you already know, I love going to Splitcoast Stampers in the morning and checking out the challenges there.  I find them inspiring and they help to get my creative juices flowing.  This morning at the Inspiration Challenge I saw this cute little hexagon pot of cactus from the Leif Shop and I was off to make a card.
 
I haven't made a card using the Embossing Folder Stamping Technique for a few weeks, so when I saw hexagons I thought of my folder right away.  I used Distress inks again to ink the background. 
When that was dry, I stamped the flowers from Magenta and Unity in black Memento ink.
 
I am also adding my card to these challenges:
 
 
Addicted to CAS- CELEBRATE
 
 
Mod Squad Challenge- SHADOW STAMPING
 
 
Thanks again for coming by and taking a look.
 
Supplies:  stamp- Magenta, Unity/ Memento ink/ Distress inks/ EB foler-SU/ Mini Mister/ pop dots
 
 

19 comments:

VanessaB said...

WOW! gorgeous!!! :)

Unknown said...

I love it - and the sentiment is great - where did you get it ?

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Karen. Oh my golly this is so amazing gf. I love the header on your blog.

Jackie Elliott said...

a beautiful card, I love the look of the background, a technique I'll have to try as I've so many embossing folders that need more use!!

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... absolutely stunning

Loll said...

You are a master that this background technique ... each of yours is so amazing. LOVE the silhouette image and your sentiment is fabulous! Loll xx

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Might just give this technique a go today, Jo x

Cathy P said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! Love the technique and the use of your embossing folder! I have that same folder - might be in my craft room inking it up today! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Sister Act. Cathyxx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, yes, Loll is right! You are the master of this technique, and I LOVE it! This is so beautiful, and I really love that sentiment too! You make me smile with each of your cards! Hugs, sweet friend!

Unknown said...

Oh Karen, I LOVE this card! I haven't used embossing folders with ink in some time...I must go make one now!!

Shery Russ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shery Russ said...

You make this technique look so easy, Karen! Love the background you created!

Sarah G said...

Love the inky hexagon background combined with the silhouette stamps - really striking! Great sentiment too :)

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for participating!

Anke said...

So beautiful, fantastic background.

Hugs
Anke

Deepti said...

The way u work with the backgrounds is simply awesome, love this beauty!

stressfreestamping said...

Gorgeous card! I just love that background and the sentiment is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. :)

Davi said...

Fabulous!, I love love the green background, you are a master at them!!

jaydee said...

Great technique and I love the black, green and white color scheme. Fabulous CAS card. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee