Sunday 20 July 2014

English Garden

Morning.  I am playing with my new hollyhock die again, Distress and Memento ink.  The challenge at Splitcoast got my imagination going. 
I began by stamping the gate (which I have had forever made by Stampers Anonymous) in grey Memento ink.  I wanted it to appear like it was in the background and not overpowering my hollyhocks.  Next, I took a piece of watercolour paper and pulled it through wet Distress inks that I had rubbed on my non-stick craft sheet and sprayed with water.  By spraying the Distress inks, the colours blend and when dry, you can always add more ink to build up the colour you want.  When that was dry, I die cut my flowers and glued them to my card front. 
The twine is really blue but for some reason, my camera would not catch the colour...ggrrrrr.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Mama Elephant. 
 
I am adding my card to these challenges:
 
Addicted to CAS- CELEBRATE
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
 
Supplies:  stamps- Mama Elephant, Stampers Anonymous/ IO die/ Memento ink/ Distress ink- Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans/ twine
 
 

12 comments:

Deepti said...

This is beauty ! Love the gray fence and the blue flowers :)

Terri said...

Oh my! This card does remind me of "It's a Wonderful Life" - the hollyhocks and the fence and the word wonderful is there, too. It is wonderful!
Hugs

stressfreestamping said...

Beautiful! I just love the technique you used on your hollyhocks. They are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. :)

Davi said...

FABulous Karen! I love the way you put the fence behind the hollyhocks, great dimension!!

maria's knutselplezier said...

A Beauty again, love the colours of the flowers a lot, and I love English gardens!!

Greetings
Maria

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you stamped the fence in a soft gray in the background, and your holly hock flowers are just beautiful, Karen! Another really gorgeous card!

OttawaMom said...

I love the watercolour look to those beautiful hollyhocks! A lovely interpretation of an English garden. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous design Karen, love those vibrant blues, Cathy x

Veerle - A colored mind said...

Just love this one, peacefull, beautiful colors, it is perfect.

Janet's Joy said...

This is so pretty! I love how you water-coloured the flowers!
So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

jaydee said...

Gorgeous, Karen. I love that die. I also love your monochromatic color scheme. So glad you joined us at ATCAS
Jaydee

Bobby said...

Congrats on your "honors" over at Seize the Birthday.