Saturday 5 July 2014

Colours of the Flag

 
Happy Saturday morning.  Phew...it has been such a busy week and I have had no mojo or time to play.  It is such a good time to feel patriotic this week for our great country of Canada so I wanted to make a card that was 'red' based. 
I was happy to see the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast where I found these adorable button flowers and got my creative juices flowing:
I wanted to keep my card pretty simple and clean and did so by masking off the top area of my card first. I inked the Patio Stone stamp using Distress inks in reds- Barn Door, Fired Brick and Worn Lipstick, sprayed with water and randomly stamped. I then removed the mask and stamped the sentiment and added the black lines to define the area.
I am also adding my card to these challenges:
 
OLS #7- WAVE THE FLAG
 
OLS
 
Brown Sugar Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
 
 
Whether you are still celebrating Canada Day or Fourth of July for my American friends I hope you have a great weekend.  Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
 
Supplies:  stamps- WPlus 9, Designs by Ryn (Textures-Patio Stone)/ Distress inks/ blackline marker/ Memento bl/ ruler
 
 
 
 

 

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card! That textured patio stone tamp is amazing, Jo x

Hannelie said...

This card is so beautiful Karen!

Deepti said...

Beautiful ! Love the asked panel :)

Blossom Cards said...

lovely CAS card thanks for sharing with BS this week Rachel dt

Heather T said...

Hi Karen,
I hope you enjoyed your Canada Day. I love the overlapping circles; its a very cool effect.

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Karen, great Canada Day creation! Honoured that you used my Patio Stone stamp. I like the clean and simple layout of this with that band of colour. Reminds me of a flag actually. I also LOVE your blog banner! Here's the link to my customer creation draw if you would like to enter this piece: http://designsbyryn.blogspot.ca/2014/07/july-customer-creation-draw.html I am now hosting the Monthly Draw's on my blog. There's also a link to the current one at the top. All my best to you!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous card, Karen! The stamp looks great masked and overlapping. Love how you've incorporated the sentiment into the border too.

JD/ Jill said...

This is a lovely one layer card! (which is something I need to learn how to do. I have a difficult time with one layer cards...but your lovely cards sure inspire me to keep trying!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow , again Karen, just beautifull!!!

Greetings
Maria

OH Babs said...

I am a member of your fan club Karen. This is another great "Karen" card.