Saturday 17 May 2014

Faux Watercolour (first attempt)



Happy Saturday.  Here is Canada we have a long weekend...gotta love that with more time to play.  
I have been taking the Online Card Watercolor classes but haven't had time to play along.  
Here is my first attempt card I made after watching the Day 5 videos where you use a stamped image and watercolour it.  I am not going to share a lot of details as I feel it wouldn't be fair to all the contributors or to all the others that are participating in the classes.  All I can say is that I can't get enough!!  If you are thinking about signing up, do it.
My card was inspired when I saw the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast this am.  We are to be inspired from the Grandin Road site and this is the rug I saw and loved!
I am adding my card to these challenges:



Shopping Our Stash- SING IT TO ME
(song: Round and Round the Garden)
I work with little people and sing this many times a day!


Virginia's View- STITCHING or SEWING


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  Hope you have a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamps- Rubbernecker, Mama Elephant/ Distress inks/ paint brush/ sewing machine/ bl Memento



20 comments:

Kristie said...

This is really beautiful and does not look like your first attempt! I love the flowers you used.

CherylQuilts said...

Gasp! Karen, if this is your FIRST attempt...WOW! It's gorgeous! I may have to check this out myself! I LOVE the vivid colors and gorgeous "watercoloring," sweet friend! Hugs!

Gabby said...

LOVE it, looks great! I have done this b4 but I always thought it just looked "messy" and now they're teaching it as a technique! Heehee! Go figure! :) NOTE: Your posts stopped coming to me for a couple mos and then magically, this one appeared today. Hmmm.

Dotty Jo said...

Looks wonderful! Jo x

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful watercolored card.
Thanks for the technique description of tha card below, I'll try it too!
Wish you a nice sunday,
hugs Anja

Lyndal said...

Just FABULOUS Karen!

dnisme@blogspot.com said...

I love the colours you chose, your watercolouring and everything! Oh, I so wish to take the online class. Beautiful work, Karen.

Virginia L. said...

You did a super job, Karen! The gradient colors of water-coloring is gorgeous! I also love the stitched details as it enhances the entire design! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge! Happy Victoria weekend, my friend!

Jean said...

Absolutely stunning!

Colleen said...

This is so fantastic! You are really learning a lot from this class and you have amazing talent! Thank you for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!

Donna said...

Your first attempt is fantastic!! Great job!! I totally need a stamp that says "it's all good" I say that ALL the time!! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "sing it to me" challenge!!

Bobby said...

If this is your first attempt, I can't wait to see your second one. This is fabulous!

Nonni said...

So beautiful, very artistic and feminine, love it!

lovecraftingpaper said...

I love these card and I would like to take inspiration from it! Flowers are just one of the main themes of my cards. You made just a great work!

Mariangela ;-)

Shirley said...

Very vivid and lovely too! I would have said watercolor!!

Susie W. said...

Are you sure this is your first attempt? It's gorgeous!!!
I'm so glad you joined us at Seize The Birthday!

Patti said...

Wow! your card is simply stunning! I have seen so many wonderful cards created from people enrolled in these classes! Way to go!!

Patti

Glenda J said...

Absolutely stunning! Great job with the watercolour effects. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

Lee-Anne said...

Whoa...stunning card! Love the colors...fabulous work, Karen!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Now I'm terrified to sign on to this class.... I mean if this is your first attempt.... It's striking! And gorgeous and watery! I love it!