Friday 14 February 2014

Deja Vu

Happy Valentine's Day and I am sending hugs out to you.  

Today, I am playing along with the challenge at Splitcoast; Show a Little Sunshine.  Boy, do I need to have some sunshine since this winter has been soooo cold and grey and we are buried under snow.  
I called my card Deja Vu because long ago, I used to stencil walls and wooden items and I cut this stencil from acetate many years ago.  I am so happy that stenciling is back in fashion as I always enjoyed doing it.
I laid my stencil down onto a piece of cardstock then sponged over using Distress inks-(colours below).  I cut my panel to mount onto my card front then added the scoring lines and the banner with the sentiment.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
CASology- BOLD
Keep it Simple- TROPICAL

Thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamp- PTI/ Distress ink-Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn/ pearls/ Scorbug/ stencil-I cut my own/ banner- SSS


thanks!!

16 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the softness and warmth of the blended petals!

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely panel, and to have it off set by that embossed dotted line, fantastic!

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Karen :)Viv xx

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you blended the soft colors to your stencil...so lovely!

Robin K. said...

Love the sunshiny colors!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Karen, I love your stencil design and the gorgeous colours, Cathy x

Anni said...

Hi Karen!
This is so beautiful, it takes my breath away!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!
Anni

Jenni's Jems said...

Simply stunning ,love the softness of the blended colours and such cheery colours too ...would brighten anyones day to receive this! x

Kelly Massman said...

This is gorgeous!!!! The orange and yellow of the flowers is really quite stunning! Thanks also for stopping over at my blog!

Davi said...

Fabulous, love the colors, its a beautiful flower:)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely stencil colors and effect!!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!!!!

Maureen Merritt said...

Bold and simply stunning! Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is really pretty - I love the shading of the colors!

Darnell said...

This is obviously a stencil that will stand the test of time. Just gorgeous, Karen!! Congratulations on the well-deserved HM honor from CASology!! Hugs, Darnell

Barb King said...

Beautiful colors! I used to stencil my walls, too, I wonder if I have any stencils left from the "old days".

Katherine said...

You know I love your designs! I'm such a fan of yours & thought your custom stencil work is great on this! I stenciled on a wall & I hated selling the house that I had decorated... heartbreaking to give it up, and was probably painted over....sigh... Anyway, I want to feature your card for Trendy Tuesday article for the blog at Paper Crafters Library (next week we are featuring stencils). You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image of your project will credit you and link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured for this article for any reason, just let me know.