Tuesday 26 November 2013

Ombre Snowflake




Here is a card I made for the Getting Ready for Christmas Challenge at Splitcoast.  I was very pleased with how this card turned out with it's ombre effect.  I began by inking up a piece of cardstock with Distress inks, cut the piece on an angle then cut that into three pieces.  I created the snowflake by die cutting the snowflake 4 times then glueing them together to give the snowflake a chipboard appearance.
It has a real presence on the card.
I am adding this card to the Cas on Sunday challenge (winter theme).
Thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps; Paper Smooches/ snowflake die (SSS)/ wh eb powder/ Distress inks



12 comments:

JanR said...

Love this, Karen! You sure have been rocking the Christmas cards lately!!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this, stunning ombre effect!!!

Jeanne H said...

Very, very pretty card. Well done!

Joni Andaya said...

The gradient is fabulous! The colors fantastic <3

Beverley said...

Stunning! Loving the gradient :) Hugs Bev x

Heather T said...

This is a wonderful design Karen. I love the gradient behind the bold snowflake.

anja curvers said...

Great card, love the mist. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Anneke said...

The ombre effect is great in combination with the layered snowflake! Beautiful card! Thanks for taking part in the CAS on Sunday challenge!

Shelly said...

Ooooh, love this!! :) Thanks for playing with us ta CAS on Sunday!

Janneke said...

love this card!
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday

Biggan said...

Congratulations...!

Gina said...

I saw this on the CAS on Sunday blog. Congratulations on the win! Your card is *beautiful*! I love how you did the ombre strips with Distress Inks.