Monday 18 November 2013

Nature's Music


Morning.  Today at Splitcoast, the CAS challenge is to make a card inspired by music.  There is nothing sweeter then the sounds of nature to soothe the soul.  Here is what I came up with.
I love to play with my Distress inks and recently, I purchased this snowflake mask so just had to play with it.  I partially inked the bkg. after I printed out the digital sentiment onto my card front.  I added the bird which I covered in Glossy Accents, mounted with pop dots and added the pearls.
I am also adding my card to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge and the challenge at Curtain Call.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps; digital from Pink Petticoat/ mask from Simon Says/ Distress ink/ Glossy Accents/ pearls/ pop dots

8 comments:

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Amazing idea and realizaion, love the sweet little singing bird, a wonderful CAS card.

Lin said...

Oh, Karen, this is darling! Love the blue for Christmas!

JanR said...

Lovely card! Though I must admit I first said to myself...."joy & cheek???" I must need a nap! :-) I love the pearls and the background is wonderful.

Unknown said...

Oh my this is just darling!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Karen. Love the sponged background with your stencil. The glossy bird is so sweet and perfect with the beautiful sentiment. Loll xx

Stacey Schafer said...

that background is breathtaking! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Deb said...

Karen, I love your background!! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a beautiful card. Love the sponging and the masking. That little bird is just the sweetest. Thank you for playing with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.