Friday 29 November 2013

Let it Snow


Hello Friday!  Time seems to be flying these days.  Still plugging away at getting my Christmas cards done and here is one for today as I am playing along with the Let is Snow challenge at Splitcoast.
The image from Serendipity is stamped with black Memento twice then one of the pieces is cut to make a tag.  After colouring the tag with Copic markers, I pop dotted it over the scene to give a highlighted effect to my card.  Lastly, I stamped the greeting then added some stars for fun.
I am also adding my card to the Simon Says challenge (anything goes) and the tag challenge at Serendipity Stamps.
Thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps; Serendipity, Hero Arts/ Copic markers/ Memento bl/ stars/ pop dots

14 comments:

Jean said...

Great technique! Wonderful combination of elements - stamp choices, twine, banner!

Davi said...

This is beautiful! Love the way you continued the image onto the fishtail, creates really cool dimension!

OH Babs said...

OMG! Karen this is one of my favorite cards you have made. It is clean and simple but the colored tree on two layers is just gorgeous.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love this card and the way you colored just the barn and tree!!! I agree with the clean and simple but very attractive!

Lin said...

What a serene scene, reminds me of where I grew up a bit! Love your highlighting decision, Karen - thanks for sharing this lovely with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Debbie said...

This is beautiful! I love how you carried the scene onto the tag only in color. Very striking!

Kim Heggins said...

This is simply stunning...love the black and white into the colored tag, just beautiful.

Marybeth said...

Oh my goodness I love this idea and your gorgeous card! Wow! I this stamp too! Thanks for joining us at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.

Vickie Z said...

Eeeks... love how you stamped this image... adding coloring to the banner and the snow on the tree looks wonderful!! Thanks for playing at Serendipity!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Seriously.... I love everything about this. Stunning! And what a creative take on the challenge! So glad you could play along with us at Serendipity this week!

Karen Amidon said...

Fabulous! I too love everything about it! Great to have you join us for the tag challenge at Serendipity Stamps!

Darnell said...

I saw this on Pinterest, Karen, and had to come and tell you how I gasped out loud! I love this beautiful design and your execution is flawless!! Hugs, Darnell

Lindsey said...

What a fabulous card, Karen! I adore how you just colored one portion.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful!