Thursday 28 November 2013

Holiday Time


Less then one month till Christmas...can't believe it.  I had such a fun time making today's card.  I am using my new bkg. stamp from Penny Black called Jolly Chant stamped in red Memento ink.  I then cut a snowflake from the center of my card and removed it.  Next I cut 4 more of the snowflake shapes from white cardstock, glued them all together adding the stamped one on the top.   I glued that back into the area I had cut from the front of my card to give a raised snowflake.  I hope you can see the cool effect it created on the front of my card.  I am adding my card to the Simon Says challenge (anything goes).
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  

Supplies:  stamp; Penny Black/ red Memento/ snowflake die SSS/ half pearl

6 comments:

joy said...

LOVE!

MerjaHannele said...

I love the idea! And very nice card just two colors, red and white!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! Stunning card and so creative how you added the snowflake.
I would never have thought of that.
Caroline xxx

Kristen said...

Love it! I was marveling at how well you lined up the stamping. Now I know and I am still amazed.

Jingle said...

This is SUCH a cool design! Awesome card! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Lindsey said...

Love, love, love this idea! I'm off to pin...