Wednesday 24 April 2013

OLW137 - Makeovers


 Welcome to another week for the OLW challenge (One Layer Wednesday).  This week the challenge is:

                                MAKEOVERS- remake one of your cards



I decided to remake my 'doodled up' card seen HERE.

I want Spring to come and stay so badly so I decided to pull out my new stamp set from Rubberneckers and stamp some poppies.  I masked the center area, stamped the flowers and then sponged on Distress inks in yellows for a bright and sunny card.  The doodling just adds a bit of whimsy to it all.
I am adding my card to the Addicted to Cas challenge; flower.
Really hope you get a chance to play along this week.  Here are all the details:


OLW137 RULES

1. Create a one-layer card.  That is defined as a single layer of card stock folded in half. No other layers      
    allowed!

2. Remake one of your cards.  Add a link to your remade card if you can.  Remember to keep embellishments          
    to a minimum and NO ADDITIONAL LAYERS of cardstock.
3. Post your card online and link it to the InLinkz button underneath.  If you link to your blog, please link to  
    the specific post, not your blog’s main page.
4. HAVE FUN! I am looking forward in seeing what you create!





11 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Wow, loved the original version, but I love this even more!

Lin said...

Love it, Karen! Sure did brighten my morning!

Kylie said...

Beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
Fabulous card.....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Loll said...

Hi Karen. Fabulous re-make of an already fabulous card! :) Love those poppies and the bright yellow background just screams spring ... warm and sunny colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to CAS. Loll xx

Dianne said...

Gorgeous Karen so bright and shouting Spring is here, Its warming up here in Hamilton,but I like it rainy and cool. Hope you see the trees budding. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day...

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous Karen, Jo x

Deanna said...

This is really stunning Karen, I love the makeover card and the sentiment is just beautiful~hugs Deanna

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a gorgeous card, Karen. Love the doodling! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comment!

Kesu said...

What a wonderful card. Simple and simply great! Can I ask if the frame is from Rubbernecker too?

Kesu said...

What a wonderful card. Simple and simply great! Can I ask if the frame is from Rubbernecker too?