Friday 2 November 2012

A Heartfelt Thank You


Today at the Penny Black blog, we are creating cards to show our gratitude.  I am so grateful to you and everyone who comes to visit my blog.....a sincere and heartfelt THANKS!! 
Here is the photo that inspired me: 


I find myself reaching for my blue Distress inks a lot these days.  I masked the panel, sponged over a mask from Mr. Huey and then stamped the Hill Flowers on top using black Memento ink.  I think by using the mask on the bkg. it gives the panel such a sense of depth.  I added the scoring lines to define the edges.
Hope you enjoy a wonderful Friday.

Supplies:  stamps:  Penny Black/ Memento black/ Distress ink/ Scorpal/Corner Chomper

5 comments:

Susie said...

This is stunning.

Kim S said...

I have a few masks and I never seem to use them - but I see work like this and it is stunning. I have to give it a try!

Ardyth said...

Beautiful! Still need to look for some masks - they really get stunning results!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wonderful interpretation of the photo!

Mynn xx said...

This is just amazing! LOVE the gorgeous vibrant blue and the flower image is wonderful on top of the pattern! :)