Wednesday 24 October 2012

OLW111- Smile

Welcome to another week for me to be hosting the OLW (One Layer Wednesday).  This week I am challenging you:

create a card that makes you 'SMILE'

With the Fall fading and winter quickly approaching, I thought it would be a good time to create a card that feels happy and makes you smile.  This stamp from Penny Black is so easy to work with and it was a breeze to paper piece her dress and flower with the happy orange polka dots.  Added the scoring line under to ground her.
( I must apologize as I feel like I cheated a bit by paper piecing her dress....had made this card, had good intentions of making another and ran out of time!)


OLW111 Rules

1. Create a one-layer card.  That is defined as a single layer of card stock folded in half. No other layers allowed!

2. Make a card that makes you 'SMILE' in some way.   Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum and NO ADDITIONAL LAYERS of card stock.
3. Post your card online and link it to the InLinkz button underneath.  If you link to your blog, please link to the specific post, not your blog’s main page.
4. HAVE FUN! I am looking forward in seeing what you create!


12 comments:

itsallrosi said...

adorable card by Karen!

JanR said...

Well it certainly made me smile. Wonderful card!

Kim S said...

Such a sweet and simple scene - it made me smile!

Ardyth said...

This is adorable and will make everyone who sees it smile, for sure!

Marlena M. said...

Awww, she makes me smile!

sandie said...

this makes me smile-and the paper piecing is great and worth it!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your cute card.
luv
Debby

Ellen Taylor said...

Fun card Karen. That sentiment is so true!! Made me smile!

Susan said...

Cute, cute card, Karen! I think the paper piecing looks great. I need to try that more often!

Gabby said...

Very cute card! I love that stamp and her pp dress is darling. Alone, the orange w/white polka dots made me smile. :)

Susan Raihala said...

Darling card, Karen...it put a smile on my face this gray and rainy morning! I'm going to stamp something today for your happy challenge. LOVE it!!!!

Cheryl said...

Adorable Karen. Love the paper piecing.