Monday 25 June 2012

Special Day in the Garden


I am playing along today with the Clean and Simple challenge at Splitcoast Stampers to create a card based on a sketch.  Now normally I don't do well with sketches, but this one came together just fine.  First I stamped the flower panel by masking the main flower and stamping the two on the sides.  I coloured them with Copic markers and added the black line to pull it all together.  I mounted that small panel on a piece of embossed white then mounted that onto a piece of orange with 2 scored lines to define the edges.  The flowers are from the new Penny Black set called Petal Party and the sentiment is from the set Gratitude.
Thanks so much for coming by to take a look and hope you have a great week.

Supplies:  stamps, Penny Black/ twine/ pearls/ corner chomper/ Mix and match cardstock/ Copic markers

17 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Truly beautiful, Karen!! Love this stunning design that shows off part of the flowers! Thanks for linking up to "How I stretch my Stamps" challenge!

LeAnne said...

Now WHERE have I been, that you have a blog since FEBRUARY and I didn't know about it! Shame on me! This is just lovely and now I must spend some time checking out all your other beautiful creations!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I love your coloring and the layout is fabulous!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great sketch layout Karen! Love the cluster of flowers colored so bright and cheery!

Joanne said...

Stunning card Karen! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous. I love how you did the outline--it looks like that one big flower is in front.

Suzie McFloozy said...

Fab card - love how the orange "pops" against the Kraft and white and the stamped panel is amazing x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! Wow, such lovely, crisp panels. I love it!

Ann said...

Wowza, this is gorgeous! Love those beautiful flowers!

Marlena M. said...

WOW, beautiful, vibrant card!

Jean Martin said...

Karen this is sooo beautiful!!!! The flowers are just gorgeous!!! And your color combination is stunning. I love how the flowers pop out from the neutral colors.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the way your flowers are colored, thank you for the inspiration! I have a Poppy stamp set I think I need to get out and color now :)

Hey, I linked over from SCS to your blog, what a treat!

Arielle H Gordon said...

WOW, love the red, orange and kraft! Beautiful card!

Skye said...

Great card. The pink and orange on kraft is terrific. Lovely colouring

Jackie Rockwell said...

Beautiful colors and the embossed polka dots are so pretty with the bakers twine!

pamela said...

Oh I like this! Love how you paired the kraft with another color. I love working with kraft but somehow, I just can't get the color combinations to work =(

Lyndal said...

GORGEOUS card Karen - love the wonderful colours & fab flowers :)