Monday 20 February 2012

Grunged Up


hi there,
Today I found some extra snippets of time....(hooray!! for a holiday in February), so I decided to create a masculine card and to play along with 2 challenges.  One is the CAS challenge at SCS; to use real or faux stitching (I used faux) and the one layer challenge OLW79, to see how many stamps you could use on one card...I used 8!
I used the Grunge Me set from PTI and stamped various times in the corner.  Added the sentiment and the faux stitching. 
Thanks so much for taking a look.
supplies:  PTI: Grunge Me, sentiment, Scrappy Cat, distress inks, twine

9 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great modern and graphic design!

JanR said...

Way to get grungy, Karen! I love it! I would love to see your stash of twine too.....bet I'd drool. ;-) Looks like you were able to make your pics bigger too.

Wanda Cullen said...

Karen, I'm so thrilled you jumped into the world of blogging! Yes, it takes some time to set up, but I found it to be pretty easy and I'm NOT a computer savvy person! One thing my computer savvy son told me...if you have a question...just Google the question and you will generally always find a discussion listed that answers your question. Love your graphic CAS card...awesome colors!

Sharon said...

Love the different stamps Karen! And the twine is the perfect addition.

Mynn xx said...

This is really cool!!! LOVE the twine on the edge! :)

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Very stylish design! love the grunge me stamps. and the twine is perfect addition, Karen!

G Peplow said...

This is brilliant, I love the grungy masculine look, great choice in colour too, xx

Cathy A said...

Great CAS card Karen

Susie said...

Another great card. I love PTI too but hadn't thought about purchasing this set - I'm having second thoughts now. Very nice design, Karen.